My birthday?

My own timeline for the beta demo release goes something like this:

(Obviously, these are all guesses)

Sept. 20 - beta released to testers

Sept. 27 - The latest that the last of the testers is likely to get the demo in the mail. Fionn and Martin already have theirs as do, obviously, Steve and Charles. I don't know if they are mailing the rest FedEx or USPS, or what, but as long as it's not a foreign address, it shouldn't take longer than a week.

Oct. 10 - two to three weeks of testing is done.

Oct. 17 - A week to fix things up for the demo and we overload the BTS server downloading the demo.

Oct. 17 - Nov. 17 - While we play the demo to death, BTS finishes up whatever parts of the game aren't finished. We overload the discussion forum talking about how cool the demo is. BTS is ecstatic about the great response from the public. After a couple of weeks, we drive Steve nuts with comments about how we've played the demo 100 times and we want the real thing post haste. The game is released just in time for Thanksgiving (for Americans, at least). And what more can we be thankful for than finally being able to play CM. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 09-22-99).]

STEVE !

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

ARE WE THERE YET ?

Guest Big Time Software

Guachi, you should be a Producer smile.gif Your timeline is a pretty good guess. Doug, the Beta Demo will be out before your birthday in all likelyhood.

Steve

Steve, I don't know whether I should take your comment that I should be a Producer as a compliment or not. smile.gif

The computer company I work for makes up schedules mostly to make the customers happy. My step-dad (who is my boss) found out pretty early that customers like to be hand-hald and assured that everything will be out on time. But the hospitals we sell stuff to are never ready on their end so the timelines are pretty much worthless.

Just for fun, we've actually thrown darts at a calendar and used those as release darts for software. smile.gif The customers never knew the difference.

Jason

Strider, the answer is "no". Multi-player will be available in the prerelease, full feature demo, but not in the beta-demo. No problem though, from the sounds of it, we are all gonna have a hell of a time just beating the AIs.

------------------

The enchanter may confuse the outcome, but the effort remains sublime.

Guest KwazyDog

Actually Pixman I *believe* that Steve said a while back that although multiplayer though a LAN wont be in the beta demo, play by email will. This will also allow you to play another player across a network, you just wont be able to do unit ordering simultaneously...Dont quote me on any of this though smile.gif