Blue vs Blue in CMBN

For the last week or so, Bradley Dick and I have had a running PBEM match. We chose random on both, and ended up going Polish vs Polish purely by chance.

This was the best PBEM QB I have ever played in my life. Learning to kill Panthers with Shermans is fun, but learning to kill Shermans with Shermans is something else totally. We had a duel at 200 meters head on, we both bounced three shots off, and then pulled back pretty much unharmed. The tank fight was amazing, really good fun and a nail biter to say the least. Our infantry fought hard, and his casualties were outrageous. I think he went real light on arty, as he out numbered me 4 - 1, but my arty decimated his troops. I tried to use tanks in an infantry support role, while his tanks did the same. All the while our single Firefly each stalked enemy tanks with success and failure. What a match I tell you. If you haven't tried it yet in CMBN, you're wrong! ;)

I had a lot of bullet sponges in that match but not much in the way of artillery support. My armor completely collapsed on my left flank and Sakai spent the next fifteen minutes or so practicing his Z patterns and HE employment on infantry targets. It wasn't until I was able to shift my right flank armor over to destroy his tanks, which was no easy task, that we finally had a true stalemate. My men paid for that objective with a river of blood.