Company of Heroes 2 is Headed for the Ostfront

Announcement Article

CoH has nothing on CM in terms of realism, but the first game is still a sight to behold with the fluid animations, intense gameplay, and the way every map would be absolutely wrecked by the end of a battle. I was never quite good enough to win online matches, but I still had a blast with it.

Looks like they are going for slightly more realism, with more fog of war, better line of sight, and a more advanced cover system. And, oh yes, it has snow physics and flamethrowers!

Nah...I will stay with ole' tried & true Red Orchestra ( RO ) & Darkest Hour...It may not be CM in terms of Realism, but still fun to play nonetheless...However, I have heard ARMA-ARMA 2 ( WWII version ) is a step above RO.

Joe

Nah...I will stay with ole' tried & true Red Orchestra ( RO ) & Darkest Hour...It may not be CM in terms of Realism, but still fun to play nonetheless...However, I have heard ARMA-ARMA 2 ( WWII version ) is a step above RO.

Joe

Company of Heroes is an RTS, not really comparable to RO. That said, I probably logged more hours in RO/Darkest Hour than any other game in the last decade, so much fun.

The new game using the ARMA engine looks like it could really be awesome. Fighting WW2 at that realistic scale will be amazing, and the multiplayer should be a lot more accessible than regular ArmA I would think.