Minefield Placement

TL

This may seem like a simple question, but reading the manual, looking that scenario editor and search the forums has drawn a blank. How do I place mines when constructing my own scenarioes? Is this possible or do they only exist in the battles that come with the game and modules?

Now that I have asked the question, I will find the answer where I have looked 100 times already. Thanks in advance for an good information given.

Boche,

Thanks for the reply, though it still had me confused for a minute. As I could find no fortification tab. Then I had a closer look at the red side, there it was. So it looks like they are there for red but not for blue. I even double check the mission type. Did not matter if red attack or blue attack, the mines we only under red.

This is a pity as I am trying to use shock force as a training aid and wanted to set a blue defence with mines. Looks like I will need to do a work around.

Thanks for clarifying what I could not find in the manual.

Boche,

Thanks for the reply, though it still had me confused for a minute. As I could find no fortification tab. Then I had a closer look at the red side, there it was. So it looks like they are there for red but not for blue. I even double check the mission type. Did not matter if red attack or blue attack, the mines we only under red.

This is a pity as I am trying to use shock force as a training aid and wanted to set a blue defence with mines. Looks like I will need to do a work around.

Don't worry, it's an easy workaround. Just pick blue forces as usual, then change it to Red vs Red, buy some mines, and then change back to Blue vs Red (or Blue vs Blue or whatever it originally was).

Boche,

True, I forgot blue units in CMSF dont have fortifications :P, been playing too much Normandy!

pardon me. but Bluchers descrpition solves it.

Thanks for the handy tips. I am finding the editor a bit too limited for what I am trying to do. I understand the developers want to maintain the US/British/Nato push into Syria, but I want to do examples just using the equipment in training scenarios. Also finding the order of battle for unit types limting the freedom I need for the training work. I am slowly working out my lack of knowledge of the editor and I have never look to closely at it. Again, thanks for the help. Next design battle is the AI plans. They are not exactly doing as I thought they would.

Thanks for the handy tips. I am finding the editor a bit too limited for what I am trying to do. I understand the developers want to maintain the US/British/Nato push into Syria, but I want to do examples just using the equipment in training scenarios. Also finding the order of battle for unit types limting the freedom I need for the training work. I am slowly working out my lack of knowledge of the editor and I have never look to closely at it. Again, thanks for the help. Next design battle is the AI plans. They are not exactly doing as I thought they would.

What's your problem there then - I'm no ninja in the editor but happy to help if I can.