Music selection while playing CM

Does anyone listen to music while playing CM?

I like Big Band music and I finally got around to listening to it while playing CM. I put on some Glen Miller. It seemed appropriate since he was a Captain in the Army, I think, and toured around playing for the troops.

It didn't seem to fit, though. It was entirely too upbeat. It's kind of odd listening to 'One O'clock Jump' or 'Stomping at the Savoy' while a Tiger and a bazooka team have a gun duel at close range.

I then decided to only play the music during the plotting phase and that worked a little better. When the Big Band CD was done I put on Nine Inch Nails and that worked just fine for the chaos of combat.

Jason

Guest Captain Foobar

hey guachi, i have been working on putting together some music in mp3.format maybe 8 tracks for germany, and the same for allies. I have found some sources on the net for German Marching music (authentic) but I havent decided for the Allies yet, for the reasons you listed. CM2 would be easy; The Russians have great music to choose from, but we Americans are far too corny.

If you have any sources of mp3's (legal), let me know, because I'm sending this to Fionn when I'm done with it. (By the way, NIN is graet for it, but I've got a song by Wumpscut called Bunker Gate 7, the best fight song I've ever heard!

How about "American Patrol" for the Deployment phase. I play SPWW2. It's got a really oustanding music program that adds to, rather than dominates the game. It's the first time I ever DIDN'T turn off the music on a war game. I say you guys have a great idea to add music... I hope you'll give a listen to SPWW2.