Gung Ho campaign - first mission *SPOILER ALERT*

I just finished watching "Generation Kill" and I thought I'll boss around some Marines in CMSF in the Gung Ho campaign. And to be honest the first mission simply baffles me. I'm supposed to clear a small town literally filled with Syrians with only 2 platoons, preserve the buildings (so no artillery) and all of this in under one hour.

Did any of you guys manage to do to this?

stiykiypixie

[bIG HINT]

It's not necessary to preserve the buildings to get a win. But if you are a bit too Gung Ho with your artillery assets and you still take lots of casualties, you'll be in serious trouble. In fact, you need to give up some of those Preserve points to get a win. Do that and you'll find that the mission is quite easy. ;)

stiykiypixie

[bIG HINT]

It's not necessary to preserve the buildings to get a win. But if you are a bit too Gung Ho with your artillery assets and you still take lots of casualties, you'll be in serious trouble. In fact, you need to give up some of those Preserve points to get a win. Do that and you'll find that the mission is quite easy. ;)

Yes, I went back to a previous save game and flatten a part of town that had a lot of red <?>. I guess my main grievance is that from briefing it's hard to judge what was the most important objective. I have played scenarios where if you so much as scratch a building you already lose the battle.

I have played scenarios where if you so much as scratch a building you already lose the battle.

Destroy objectives give points to the enemy side. If you 'scratch' a building in a Preserve objective, you simply lower the total number of points it is possible for you to earn in the mission. As long as your margin is wide, who cares how few points you earn ;) A Total Victory with 200 points total v the enemy's 24 casualty points is a much better result than a Minor Victory with 500 points v the enemy's 350 casualty points.

I'm glad to see that someone is still playing this. Personally, I think this is the best thing I ever created for CMSF. It has some very, very good fights in it.

Destroy objectives give points to the enemy side. If you 'scratch' a building in a Preserve objective, you simply lower the total number of points it is possible for you to earn in the mission. As long as your margin is wide, who cares how few points you earn ;) A Total Victory with 200 points total v the enemy's 24 casualty points is a much better result than a Minor Victory with 500 points v the enemy's 350 casualty points.

I'm glad to see that someone is still playing this. Personally, I think this is the best thing I ever created for CMSF. It has some very, very good fights in it.

Yeah, by the way thanks for putting those AGLs in. I hate those stealthy bastards.