Do ?s ever go away?

I agree. When I first began playing, the multitude of question marks was quite confusing. Over time, I’ve become used to them and feel like I have a decent idea of what they represent.

Since I play wego the vast majority of my games, I have all the time I want to click around the map and get a good idea of what is actually where. With no friendly units selected, it seems that there is a “?” designating the last suspected position of nearly every enemy unit on the map.

As individual units are selected, question marks will appear, disappear, shift slightly or become spotted units. I think this happens as information travels up and down the chain of command and as a unit puts eyes on an area. Just because one unit can see that no enemy unit exists in a certain spot doesn’t mean this info has reached another friendly on the other side of the map that may have just heard from the platoon leader that there are targets “somewhere over there”.

I had a recent game where a jeep was destroyed and the occupants were all killed. When any of the nearby friendlies were selected, the question mark disappeared. I noted that after the platoon that destroyed the jeep moved on, the "?' never appeared when these units were selcted. But, when I picked units on the other side of the map, the "?" remained for the rest of the scenario.

I can see where the presence of a lot of “?” can be a problem in RT, but I don’t feel it’s an issue in wego.

sorry, didn't see that you already addressed it. neway, agreed.

BTW I'm playing through the same fairly large battle I mentioned earlier but this time in real-time. Because everything is taking longer to do the '?' have seemed much more natural and in keeping with the situation.

Perhaps the artificailly extended period of time everything takes to plot in we-go (but less time in game) is the issue with the '?', and maybe they're doing a great job in real-time.

I think once they are old they become transparent enough that I don’t even notice them anymore.

I do wish there was more variety in the contact icons. For example there is no difference between sound, and visual contact. There is no difference between infantry contact, and armor contact. For a RTS player that info can make a big difference since they cannot rewind to see what type of enemy icon showed.