New minor surrender rule

From the v1.04 readme, I am not sure what this means:

"WWI games will now have a Minor Country Surrender Calculation Check = 50% * number of remaining units"

If I occupy all 3 Serbian capitals and they have 5 units left, what does 2.5 (.50 x 5 = 2.5) mean in terms of chance to surrender?

K,

Serbia itself will instantly surrender if you lose all the capitals AND retreat all your units into say Greece, Montenegro, or Albania. The % chance surrender calculation itself applies only to Serbian units that are within its borders. So, if you have two units inside Serbia, but all 3 capitals are occupied, the country has 0% chance of surrendering (if 1 unit, 50% chance). The change makes it even easier than before for the Serbs to escape. I like the change, I think.

K,

Serbia itself will instantly surrender if you lose all the capitals AND retreat all your units into say Greece, Montenegro, or Albania. The % chance surrender calculation itself applies only to Serbian units that are within its borders. So, if you have two units inside Serbia, but all 3 capitals are occupied, the country has 0% chance of surrendering (if 1 unit, 50% chance). The change makes it even easier than before for the Serbs to escape. I like the change, I think.

There is truth in your words, I just want to open another point here, could the montinegrin troops continuos the fight if they retreat from montinegro, because all the troops surrender and go away after montinegro looses it's capital.

It is low, just a chance 20% chance for Montenegrin units, whereas Belgians, Dutch and Serbs will always fight on from exile. As there aren't many Montenegrin units, it's not surprising that they aren't often seen after their capital is occupied.

So a minor will fight on forever with only two surviving units?

We can seay that they will, but if there is no place of this minor to lay down new units, you need to fight to take over at least a town, so you can buy new units, this feture can make belgium not surrender even if Ypres fall, but is somehow retaken, serbia do not surrender allowing the player to retreatr the army into albania, greece or montinegro.

It's like, we will fight until the last man!