Line of Sight

I'm a little confused about line of sight. I have placed HQs and or observers on the top floor of a 3 storey building but they do not have a line of sight over a 2 storey building that is directly in front. I have had an AT gun hidden behind a hedge knocked out by an enemy tank. When I tried to target the tank, the target line indicated that there was no LOS to the tank so the AT gun could not fire at it, yet the tank was able to target and knock out my gun. My last question involves low walls. A MG directly behind a low wall did not have a LOS through the wall. I thought that maybe it was because I had ordered the MG to "hide" so I deleted this order, but still no LOS. Couldn't find much in the manual about LOS. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Yeah, this LOS issue has been a bone of contention since CM2 was first released.

However, some of your issues are explainable:

1) Just cos you are in a 3rd floor, does not automatically mean you can see over a neighboring 2 floor house to the ground on the other side. Try it in real life.

2) LOS tends to be from standing guys, so it seems common that MG's cannot see over walls. Annoying? Yes.

3) When you have a team of any kind have LOS to a target, you do not actually know WHO on that team has the LOS. In other words, in your gun example, the 3rd gun layer could have LOS, but the gun itself does not. Even though the gun cannot see or fire at the target, one "assumes" that the target could see enough of the gun or its team to fire HE and that blast will KO the gun.

Even more irritating/annoying? Yes.

It may not be possible, but imo the solution would be to have the team's primary weapon move (under AI control) automatically to be able to shoot at the target, or over a wall etc.

Alternatively, have the game just give the player the primary weapon LOS so what you can see you can shoot at. The current LOS system is overly complex imo and spoils gameplay fun since there is not much one can do about the issue.