Not sure if this is extremely important, for I imagine no EC player declaring war on finland, but yuo can never know.

I was going into the editor, and took a look in the finnish army, the units have no names, mainly the HQ, these should be added, Mannerheim as the HQ of course, only to make things more historical. :)

Hi Kommandant

Are you thinking of in WWI?

If so, the HQ needs to be scripted because while it would be Mannerheim if the country joins the Central Powers, it definitely wouldn't be him if the Bolsheviks had taken over, i.e. if it enters the war on the other side, unlikely as it is to happen.

The scripts are set to provide either Mannerheim or Rahja depending on the situation, with different unit names applicable to the situation, either whether Finland is Red or White.

Bill

Hi Kommandant

Are you thinking of in WWI?

If so, the HQ needs to be scripted because while it would be Mannerheim if the country joins the Central Powers, it definitely wouldn't be him if the Bolsheviks had taken over, i.e. if it enters the war on the other side, unlikely as it is to happen.

The scripts are set to provide either Mannerheim or Rahja depending on the situation, with different unit names applicable to the situation, either whether Finland is Red or White.

Bill

Yes, I'm talking about WW1, sure, it should be scripted, I was thinking that, if the germans don't help the whites, finland don't get it's independence from russia.

But Finland already got its independence from Lenin before there ever was a civil war, and the German intervention really did not do anything for the outcome of that war by the stage it arrived...I suppose as a gameplay choice it works, though.

Not exactly, because the decision event is to help ensure a White victory. Independence and a White victory are two separate issues. If von der Goltz isn't sent to Finland, then a White victory isn't guaranteed and if Finland were to then join the Entente, a Red HQ would be more applicable.

Admittedly, the chances of this happening are extremely remote.

Not exactly, because the decision event is to help ensure a White victory. Independence and a White victory are two separate issues. If von der Goltz isn't sent to Finland, then a White victory isn't guaranteed and if Finland were to then join the Entente, a Red HQ would be more applicable.

Admittedly, the chances of this happening are extremely remote.

Ok, I'm not very into what could had happened without german help in finland during the revolution. Maybe your desicion makes more sense, or maybe glabro could set a better insight for us, for it's his country. :P