Afghanistan and others in GOLD 1948WWIII

Hello,

let me first say I love the SC-series and bought every part of it.

I am currently playing two games of the 1948 WWIII alt-history scenario, one with the Allies, one with the Commies.

I encountered the following problem:

Afghanistan and Tibet are by event annexed by USSR and CommChi respectively. But both countries remain neutral. They cant be influenced diplomatically, the ownership of towns and tiles remains neutral, and no side can declare war on them.

The same in the Western Hemisphere with Cuba and Bolivia. Both became communist by event, but remain neutral, cant be influenced or invaded by neither side.

Furthermore, the USSR has a decision event regarding basing rockets on Cuba, cost 250 MPP. But there are no rockets on Cuba afterwards.

Are these things intended or mistakes?

Has this been addressed in Patch 1.01?

I really like the scenario, and its a minor issue, but I think its not correct this way. The scen would be even more fun if these four mentioned countries would be normally invadable and so on. And Sov missiles on Cuba would be real nice.

ONe other minor thing in this scen are spanish guerillas. In my Commie game, the USSR invaded and conquered Spain. Every so often, the message pops up "Spanish guerillas disrupt supply", but there are neither the usual explosions nor is the supply in Spain reduced.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

… Afghanistan and Tibet are by event annexed by USSR and CommChi respectively. But both countries remain neutral. They cant be influenced diplomatically, the ownership of towns and tiles remains neutral, and no side can declare war on them.

The same in the Western Hemisphere with Cuba and Bolivia. Both became communist by event, but remain neutral, cant be influenced or invaded by neither side.

Furthermore, the USSR has a decision event regarding basing rockets on Cuba, cost 250 MPP. But there are no rockets on Cuba afterwards.

ONe other minor thing in this scen are spanish guerillas. In my Commie game, the USSR invaded and conquered Spain. Every so often, the message pops up "Spanish guerillas disrupt supply", but there are neither the usual explosions nor is the supply in Spain reduced...

Amona,

Thank you for letting me know what you discovered.

Yes, Tibet, Cuba, Bolivia and Afghanistan are all neutral territories because there is a limit to the number of countries the game can have. Bolivia and Cuba become territory of Central America, and of course you noticed that the Communists annex Tibet and Afghanistan.

However, the Spanish guerrillas and Soviet Rockets not in Cuba may be a mistake. I’ll take a look at the scripts.

I do appreciate the kind words.

Robert

Hello Robert,

I really like your scenario and I am having much fun playing it. Having installed patch 1.01 it seems that Afghanistan and Tibet now become soviet and chinese territory, so this problem seems to be solved by the patch. Havent played far enough to tell about Cuba and Bolivia.

Another issue I came upon now is the strength of Egypt and South Korea at start. The North Koreans annexed South Korea right in the first turn after the war declaration because SEouls garrison has only strength four.

Likewise, the egyptian garrison in Cairo has only strength 4 and Egypt was easily annexed by my Allies.

Both Egypt and SKorea were a bit disappointing.

You might consider giving the garrisons of Seoul and Cairo strength 10 or at least 8.

On playing the Commies against the AI, I found its very easy to gain control of the oceans, as Britain and USA dont build any ships and so their fleets melt away under my constant attacks.

Perhaps their navies could be reinforced by scripts.

Keep up the good work.