Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Invisible Tanks ?

Have only played a few scenario's , but have been blasted by vehicles that are point blank and cannot be seen from my vehicle until I get hit....Even though I am facing directly at it . Has happened several times as both axis and allies. Is this at sight difficulty added for vehicles ? Or a patch issue. Has happened even while crew exposed....Curios.

Apologize if this is something already started......

You don't really give us much to work with. You say has happened with crew exposed etc...was your tank moving? Was the enemy tank still? Was it still sitting behind concealment? Were your crew distracted by some action taking place close to them or within their LOS? Were they in a nervous state already? Were they "green"? There are so many factors involved in this deep game. It could be a number of different things.

new player, I would expect he has a unit selected and is seeing the action from another unit that does not see the tank. or if he does have his vision correct on settings. Then he is moving into the enemy line of site and getting blasted before his men in the tank do spot the enemy tanks.

Big learning curve for NOOB's

To be more desriptive , The first time it happened was barkmans corner scenario , sherman drives down road past my infantry on both sides of it (no-one sees or hears it ) fires sinlge round into my crew exposed tank and destroys it , crew bails out , now tank appears on map , scherk team beside my now dead tank fires and kills sherman....Huh ? Not surprised by the manuever , just surprised that it couldn't be seen until afta the fact.

This time sherman (open) , a buttoned up panther moves through opening in hedgerow infantry and tank have line of sight to this opening having just fired on same area at infantry....panther moves across open field turns side to sherman , (cannot target) , because it can't see it , yet infantry can , drives down on same side of hedgerow as me , pulls beside at point blank and fires two rounds , miss , then hit , panther appears on map to bailing out crew....

Here are some things to make sure you're aware of:

- If you have a unit selected, you are only shown what that unit can see

- If you have no unit selected, you are only shown things that at least

one of your units can see

- Not all your units can see stuff that other units can. If one of your units

hasn't spotted something, they can't see it, even if someone next to them can.

- Tanks have a hard time spotting stuff, especially if they are buttoned. They

only have teeny holes to look out through.

Does this help explain?

GaJ