Wild Weasel

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Since we are simulating real world physics and vehicle stuff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>-BF

Sure you are... you guys are keeping all the good stuff to yourselves. I have info that Steve has coded up an M29 Weasel that has 250mm of face hardened armor all the way around (sloped at 60 degrees), a 120mm smooth bore main gun and even a TOW missle launcher. Curriously it does not show up on the vehicle list though. wink.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Well Rhet, the TOW launcher kinda pushed it into CM VIII smile.gif I would have dropped out the TOW launcher, but since I have a double tube susystem mounted it wouldn't be accurate to just lop it off like that! BTW, it is only 200mm of face hardened armor. That's all the poor suspension springs could take wink.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Lawnmower? Ever see what a 4500lb tracked vehicle does to grass when it turns on its tracks? The wife has, and she was not pleased wink.gif I would have just lied and said that the REAL lawnmower did it, but the deep track gauges in what was lawn was a little hard to explain away! Lesson: drive only when it hasn't rained for about 2 weeks smile.gif

Steve

Guest Lokesa

You ever drive that thing on hunting, camping shooting type excursions? That could be really cool. whats its approximate range and average speeds?

Guest Big Time Software

Gee Martin, where were you with that sage advice when I really needed it? Well, at least the basketball court is now 50% waterproof. Water just beads up and rolls off wink.gif

Nah, I don't hunt. It is also somewhat hard to drive on narrow wooded trails. Turning that thing around is NOT easy. It can be done, but a 3 point turn is more like 30 in the thing smile.gif I plan on using in the winter mostly. It can do any terrain, but snow travel was its primary purpose.

Range is about 175m and top speed is 36mph. Can't tell you what the average is because I haven't driven it enough. I got it up to about 15mph and ran out of "yard". I'll let you know next winter!

Steve

P.S. I wish this CM thing would go away. I need to spend about 2 days taking off the running gear, but working on CM 14hrs a day is getting in the way wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Big Time Software

Hehe! Know it *very* well smile.gif In the section on tracks you will even find four pictures of my Weasel. The discussion board (which has been wiped out recently) is a fantastic source of info for us Weasel owners. Got some great parts from guys up there!

Thanks for posting it though. Always good to see links of interest.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-13-99).]