Issues with Call for Fire

Bison

This is something that I've been seeing a lot of in CMSF in regard to call for fire. I'll identify a target and call for fire, but when the rounds come in they always hit 75-100 meters off target. I get that there will be some rounds that stray off target, but I have yet to see an indirect fire round ever hit on target.

Here I have a HQ section spotting for a 120mm indirect fire. I've got the target highlighted with a target light. The team has binocs, gps. You can see the targeted enemy positions and where the rounds are impacting off to the left a good 75-100 meters off target.

Although it doesn't seem to matter who is calling for the fire support, the results are the same. Is there something that I am missing that allows for an accurate target aquistion?

The scenario is Abu Susah, if that makes a difference.

MortarEffects.jpg

I may have in this case, because they were systimatically destroying my strykers. However, I've also seen it in cases where I've used a more deliberate call requesting effects in 5 or 10 mins.

Emergency calls cause this kind of inaccuracy? What about immediate calls do they cause the same type of inaccuracy?

I may have in this case, because they were systimatically destroying my strykers. However, I've also seen it in cases where I've used a more deliberate call requesting effects in 5 or 10 mins.

Emergency calls cause this kind of inaccuracy? What about immediate calls do they cause the same type of inaccuracy?

I believe there are no spotting rounds to adjust fire.