For my fellow WWII firearms enthusiasts...

Check this out!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/historical-stg-44-in-22lr-rimfire-coming-from-ati/

Coming summer, 2012. Yeah I know it's a .22 but you tell me where you can get 7.92x33mm Kurz ammo?? :eek::D

Here's something tangible and actually, dare I say, affordable? Do you all realize how much a real Stg 44 costs?!!

Pretty cool so I thought I would share it. Actually there is absolutely nothing practical about it in any way (other than the fact .22 ammo is dirt cheap) but that may not stop me from adding one to my collection anyway.

Meh, looks rather cheap tbh.

If you want the ultimate reproductions there's only really one company to go with. Their FG-42 even has the original Closed-bolt semi automatic and open bolt fully automatic system!

http://hza-kulmbach.de/index.php?lang=en

http://hza-kulmbach.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=61〈=en

Stuff they produce according to original plans:

MP-38

MP-3008

FG-42/I

FG-42/II

K-43

MKb-42 (H)

MP-43 I

MP-44

VG1-5

PS: 7.57x33 Kurst, never heard such a funny mix of 7.92x57, 8x33 and a mangled Kurz. :D

LOL, yeah, I was so excited I was typing fast. Fixed now.

As an aside, I have applied for my ATF Tax Stamp for making an SBR and can finally chop my Thompson barrel to correct WWII length once the stamp goes through. Woot!

I'm not keen on the importation laws of firearms from Germany but I'm thinking it's most likely not easy or even possible in regards to transferring ownership and shipping here without actually going over the pond, buying it and bringing it in personally.

I'm not keen on the importation laws of firearms from Germany but I'm thinking it's most likely not easy or even possible in regards to transferring ownership and shipping here without actually going over the pond, buying it and bringing it in personally.

Honestly, I've got no idea, but at least you guys can actually get them in full auto! :(

1.Buy 300 rounds

2.Reload them 5-10 times each

3.????

4.Profit!

I do reload .30-06 and .45acp, been thinking about picking up dies and brass to start reloading 8mm and .303 british too. I also reload black powder .45 colt and .45-70. I love re-loading, find it really relaxing, and quite an enjoyable hobby.

I'm sure there are dies for 7.92x33mm. I think I've even heard that you can cut down a 7.62x39mm case and use it. I would have to look that one up though but am pretty sure it's been done and it works.

You'ld probably only be able to load the brass about 5-6 times before it starts stretching out too much. Pistol brass is more but rifle pressures just get too high. Black powder rounds are very light pressures so the reloads are definitely more than modern.

You'ld probably only be able to load the brass about 5-6 times before it starts stretching out too much. Pistol brass is more but rifle pressures just get too high. Black powder rounds are very light pressures so the reloads are definitely more than modern.

It really depends on the brass quality and the pressures involved on that particular load and the measurements of the chamber.

I've reused some 8x75 brass up to 12 times before I started to get case ruptures in the odd 1-2, at which point I dumped the rest of that brass load. I've also seen .303 rupture after 1-2 reloads due to the chamber measurements and the fact that it's rimmed, even though I didn't even fully resize them. Given the fact that the 8x33 has lower pressures than your regular full sized rifle round you should, with careful low pressure loads, get at least 8 or so reloads out of the brass.

Also, don't reload .303, it just ends in frustration if your rifle happens to have a slightly too large chamber (something which is very common with Enfields)

I do reload .30-06 and .45acp, been thinking about picking up dies and brass to start reloading 8mm and .303 british too. I also reload black powder .45 colt and .45-70. I love re-loading, find it really relaxing, and quite an enjoyable hobby.

Ya reloading is a very enjoyable hobby for me to, that was until i decided to reload 7.35mm Carcano. Then it just turned into a very time consuming job that created more headachs than relaxation. But thankfully i only had to reload around 100 rounds so it was well worth the effort in the long run.