Apology (Follow up to "Weird Problem..." Thread

argo

My sincerest apologies if I pissed off the BTS guys or made it sound like the problem was their fault. On a whim, I did a Win98 re-install. Not sure if it was that, or maybe the new Voodoo II drivers that were installed during that process. Wish I knew how to pin it down more to help you out. Suffice it to say that the problem is solved and CM runs now even if it's not the first thing. It even runs with other things (like e-mail). smile.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, the most drastic one is the one that "fixed" it. smile.gif

------------------

Doug

WB: -argo- {501 FF}

Guest Big Time Software

No problem. You are not the first Windows user to put more faith in Bill's stuff than in others. We *HATE* to blame stuff on individual systems, but sometimes things are so crazy that there is little doubt that something else is wrong. Unfortunately, Windows is not as rock solid as the marketing hype would have you believe frown.gif So the general rule of thumb should be that if nobody else is reporting the problem, and it can not be pinned down, it is most likely the fault of something OTHER than CM. Not *always*, but most often it is. Many of the video problems people have had are due to bugs in drivers and/or DirectX. Although a pain in the rump, we can generally code around these. Not *always* though wink.gif

Steve

Shaddup, Cuke. You bastage! smile.gif Three mortar rounds and you take out one of my 88s? Ugh...I'm in deep trouble if I can't get a few lucky shots in at your Shermans. Of course, if you'd fight like a man instead of trying to out flank me.... smile.gif

I think I sent you the file...didn't I?

------------------

Doug

WB: -argo- {501 FF}