Features added because of this board

guachi

I have only been reading this board for about two weeks of so. I waded through every message on the board for the last 3 months or so and I was wondering what features or corrections have been added because of suggestions and discussions on this board.

I can think of two off the top of my head:

Shadows

Fanaticism

The shadows for the vehicles was added even though Steve repeatedly said 'No'

I like them, even if they are just rectangles.

And I think the addition of Fanaticism was a really good idea. Certainly more useful for an Eastern Front CM, but it works great for the times when a designer needs to simulate poorly trained troops that will fight to the death.

Are there any other features that have been added?

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

Lots of things. Some really small, some pretty large, and some that predate this particular BBS. Sharpshooters are one that I can think of, and Brush terrain is another. Other things are sitting on The List and will hopefully get into the game.

As for the Shadows, we got a bit lucky on that smile.gif Charles suddenly thought of ONE possible way to do it cheaply and quickly, and whaddayaknow, it worked smile.gif If it hadn't, there wouldn't be shadows. We like 'em a lot too, but it wouldn't be worth slowing down the frame rate.

Steve

Brush. Of course. That was added within the last few weeks.

I am really impressed with your customer service. With some companies it's hard enough to get them to add something AFTER the game is out but you guys add it before. Sure it may delay the game a bit, but I think it is worth it.

Your company reminds me of the one I work for, a small computer software company. It's just me, my mom, and my stepfather. Except we write software for hospital laboratories. And the software costs 100K dollars. But, like you, we try to go the extra mile for the customer.

This is basically why I preordered. Great customer service. I can't really lose. If there is something wrong with the game, BTS will fix it. I get a free poster. And, even after seeing the demo, I can cancel if I don't like what I see.

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks Jason! Yes, we do very much want to be known for our customer support. Not just in the reactive "it's broke and we are going to fix it", but also the PROACTIVE part like "gee, you really think we should do that? OK, good case made, it goes in". Not all ideas presented on this BBS are good/valuable/accurate, but the ones that are get our full attention (some of you guys would blush if you knew how much we talk about some of the ideas kicked around here smile.gif)

100k... hmmmmm... all we would then need to do is sell a couple of copies!! Man, why didn't we think of that? wink.gif

Steve

Oh how correct you are. smile.gif

But then again, it's a better deal than having the hospital do the maintenance itself. It's cheaper and they get better quality service. Heck, in our case, they get the people who wrote the actual code. Which is the same kind of support we'll get with CM. smile.gif And without a service contract. smile.gif

Jason