On vaporware.

I'm sure we've all had experience with vaporware; my most recent was the disappearace of the Starship Troopers game (I guess it was too similar to Heavy Gear2)

Now that I've gotten into the CM spirit of things, I've realized something: there's no chance this game will vaporize (YYAAAYYYY!!) Why? If it does vaporize, battlefront.com has some big problems; they gotta publish or we'll come looking for them (the Weasel doesn't scare us :)

So I get to spend this summer (here's hoping the final development goes smoothly!) checking every morning to see if the game is ready yet. We Americans are such spoiled brats.

------------------

A lot of my schoolmates called me "warmonger."

Guest Big Time Software

HAHAHAHA!! One of the funniest posts I've read in weeks! Thanks smile.gif

The truth is that Combat Mission will ship. Better than that, it will ship as promised. If we get to the end and realized that we have to slip a month to "get it right", then so be it. You guys will grumble a little, but not 1/10th as much if we had shipped with the game incomplete or buggy.

One of the benefits of leaving the retail world behind is that we aren't under artificial pressure to get our games out. Mind you, we have PLENTY of incentives to ship the game as soon as possible (we don't make a dime until we do!), but we don't have to compromise our game simply because someone says "ready or not, we're shipping tomorrow".

I wouldn't waste your summer time looking to see if the game is shipping, but we will be releasing more cool stuff as we go (QT, shots, beta reports, etc.) Combat Mission is still scheduled for late summer, with a realism check on that date in probably 1-2 months. That is when we expect to hit Beta, which will give us a much better idea about when we can realistically ship.

Thanks!

Steve

(P.S. You *should* be afraid of the Weasel. Ask Moon what it can do to a case of used motor oil!)

How fast can that Weasel go?

I just had the amazing image of Charles and Steve in that Weasel being chased cross-country by a couple of 4 x 4 vehicle filled to the gills with wargamers ;)..

Hehe funny ;)... Anyways. beta in two months or so eh? ;) (salivating already.. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby and light up those cigarette lighters.. umm I mean Shermans.) ;)

Guest Big Time Software

36mph is the top rated speed. But on anything less than a flat surface, it would be much less than that. As Moon can tell you, there is a "bounce factor" smile.gif Fun for a bit, but it would get old really quickly for sure!

In the snow I think I got it up to about 15mph in my yard (haven't taken it out on a trail yet) and it felt FAST. I can't even imagine what 36mph would feel like.

Steve