1939 Storm over Europe: Russian Winter/Soviet Winter Event

Hey guys,

I searched the World War I: The Great War forum pages, but couldn't find this answer -- which surprised me as it must have come up by now. Anyway, here's my question.

I understand that the Russian Winter/Soviet Winter (whichever term you prefer) is now a probabalistic event. In other words, it does not automatically occur on the same date in every game, but instead is a very high probability event over the course of several winter turns in late 1941/early 1942.

But what happens if the Russian Winter/Soviet Winter does not strike at all in the winter of 1941/1942? I just had that happen in a PBEM game with an opponent who is world-renowned for his extraordinary luck! (Yes, that's a shot at the guy I'm playing!!!) Will the Russian Winter/Soviet Winter now possibly hit in the winter of 1942/1943?

Thanks.

MJY

Yeah, that's what I thought and was afraid of...I saw it had a 75% chance of hitting each turn after a particular date (Dec 1941.) But also believe that it had to happen on a winter turn. Not sure what area would require this winter turn, but just assume the area where the capital is (Moscow.)

But I think MJY meant to say that he was Mr. Lucky (a shot back across the bow...) Because now it will hit in 42/43 when I have alot more troops there to affect and more expensive to reinforce (since they will hopefully be at a higher tech level.)

I guess I'll just have to take out Russia by then...

1st time this is ever happened in a game...Should be interesting...