Any plans for OMG Campaign?

para

Any of you modders and mappers got any plans to do a Market Garden campaign when the commonwealth module is released? Are the current buildings and scenery able to be modded into the Dutch country city/town look?

I realise we will eventually get the MG module but that is at least 10 months or more away.

You could do a 30corps campaign and just leave out Arnhem with Brit 1st airborne because there are no Brit paras yet.

There will be Brit paras in the commonwealth module, unless I am mistaken. I'm no grog but with the release of the CW module won't there be quite a large proportion of the units that took part in OMG?

I was hoping someone clever modder would be thinking of knocking together his version of the operation as a campaign. Something akin to CC2:ABTF would be rather good :)

I just looked at the commonwealth page again and it doesn't say that paras are in or not. I would assume that they are gonna be added with the market garden module along with FMJs.....makes more sense. Common wealth is baisic UK, scotts, canadiens, poles forces.

Like I said you could do a great 30 corps campaign, they never made it to arnhem anyways cuz it was a bridge too far. You might need FMJs though if your going for historical accuracy.

I'm no grog but with the release of the CW module won't there be quite a large proportion of the units that took part in Op M-G?

Sort of. But not really. Both the US and UK A/B orgs and TOEs changed quite a bit as a result of lessons-learned in Normandy. At the same time there was quite a bit of new kit and revised TOEs coming into use in the line infantry and armoured units.

Which is, I believe, one of the reasons BFC chose to cut off CMBN/CMBN-British-Forces at the end of August, and then have a module specifically centred around Op M-G.

Sort of. But not really. Both the US and UK A/B orgs and TOEs changed quite a bit as a result of lessons-learned in Normandy. At the same time there was quite a bit of new kit and revised TOEs coming into use in the line infantry and armoured units.

Which is, I believe, one of the reasons BFC chose to cut off CMBN/CMBN-British-Forces at the end of August, and then have a module specifically centred around Op M-G.

I am not talking about 100% historical accuracy only fairly close would do me.A mapper/modders interpretation would be good.