Supply script errors

Hi,

the supply.txt (event script, 1939 World at War) contains a few errors, so the reduction (i.e. malta effect, raiding near brisbane etc.) is not working as intended.

Though, quite easy to fix it manually; just open the supply.txt and search for [20] and replace it with [22] AND AFTERWARDS search for [18] and replace it with [20]. Now just update the script in the editor and integrate it.

When I make corrections to the script in the editor, it will not let me save the campaign under the original file name. Also noticed when opening the editor that the AI script for "garrisons" has an asterisk. Running the update shows no problems, however. But not sure why this is showing or whether it is updating since cannot save file under original name. Did try saving under a new name, but two issues. One, if I open the file in the editor, the AI and Event scripts do not show (says it can't find file), and if try to open the game folderin Windows, the campaign file does not show in Windows Explorer. It does display as an option when running the game, and the files will show in the editor menu.

For the asterisk it could have been that there was a small adjustment to the Garrison script that was not compiled with the rest of the campaign upon initial release and if so this will be fixed for the first patch. Either way the campaign did have a compiled set of events for Garrison planning for the AI, just likely not a minor change introduced at the end.

Saving under another name in the Editor should show the AI and Event scripts but if you change the name in Windows explorer then it might not find the files. Perhaps this was the case?

For the campaign not showing in Windows Explorer, this is likely the Windows 7/Vista UAC control blocking the placement of these files in your Program Files installation folder.

I would suggest navigating to your campaigns folder and then clicking on the 'Compatibility Files' button at the top of Windows Explorer.

It should then show your campaign hidden in the Virtual folder. You can cut them from there and then paste them back in the expected 'Campaigns' folder in your installation directory.

They should then show up as expected, or you can just leave it as is as both the Editor and the game should find the files from the virtual folder as well even if they don't show up where you are expecting them to.

Hi CBD,

Just some more feedback on the issue of the campaign not showing up properly, it looks like there might be an issue with the Editor as we are seeing this now in Beta as well.

I've got a version on my end that does not have this problem so it will be fixed for the first patch.

Sorry about the trouble,

Hubert

• 3 weeks later...