SC The Great War/1939 Storm over Europe Scenario: Using Bombers as Raiders

Hey all,

Forgive what is almost certainly a couple of dumb questions, but how does one use bombers as convoy raiders?

(i) I assume they must be within range of the convoy route

(ii) I know they are subject to interception (e.g., by CV CAP)

(iii) I assume they cannot be used for any other task in that turn (e.g., no recon or bombing missions)

(iv) If successful, are there results indicated in the events log at the end of the turn (like successful sub attacks)?

(v) Can they accumulate "experience" points while serving as Raiders?

Thanks.

Hi

Point i) is correct, but their role as a convoy raider is passive, i.e. all you need to do is to right click on the Bomber and select Select Convoy Mode, and set it to Raider.

This doesn't end their turn, but a bit like U-Boats, at the end of your opponent's turn the engine will check for whether the Bomber is in range, and also whether your opponent has any Fighters in range that could intercept. If they have, then the raiding doesn't take place. If they haven't, then their convoy will lose a few points. This will be logged at the end of your opponent's turn.

Finally, they can't accumulate experience in this way because there is no risk to them of suffering any losses.

Bill

Yes, they should still be able to do other things because the check should be made at the end of your opponent's turn, i.e. what you did in your turn with them is no longer relevant, and the engine is just looking for a Bomber set to Raider mode within range of a convoy.