Couple of Gold questions

Hello, just starting Gold, looks like a nice upgrade.

1. Is there any way to go back to the way regular global highlights the whole unit to show HQ attachment? It seems that the new way only highlights the bottom of the unit, which is not nearly as good.

2. I have a game with regular global 1.6 multiplayer going. I have Gold installed, and they both seem to work fine, I've been told that Gold won't work with 1.6 only installed, what is going on? Can I start a Gold multiplayer and keep my 1.6 that is still working fine for my old games?

4. How do units switch places, I can't get it to work.

5. Recon seems like a great addition, but having trouble figuring it out. Seems you can click on a square and recon it, but what if you don't want to attack the square (just recon)? What if you have a carrier and it can reach the square? How can you recon it without moving there?

6. Research Bar a great idea, can it be viewed to see progress?

7. it appears that Italy has lost alternate capital, true? (hope so)

8. The manual seems to be for the regular game as there are many things that have changed (like color of national units, etc.). I read the expansion notes, is that all the changes? For example, are there explanations for added decisions somewhere?

Thanks much!

Dave

Hello, just starting Gold, looks like a nice upgrade.

1. Is there any way to go back to the way regular global highlights the whole unit to show HQ attachment? It seems that the new way only highlights the bottom of the unit, which is not nearly as good.

2. I have a game with regular global 1.6 multiplayer going. I have Gold installed, and they both seem to work fine, I've been told that Gold won't work with 1.6 only installed, what is going on? Can I start a Gold multiplayer and keep my 1.6 that is still working fine for my old games?

4. How do units switch places, I can't get it to work.

5. Recon seems like a great addition, but having trouble figuring it out. Seems you can click on a square and recon it, but what if you don't want to attack the square (just recon)? What if you have a carrier and it can reach the square? How can you recon it without moving there?

6. Research Bar a great idea, can it be viewed to see progress?

7. it appears that Italy has lost alternate capital, true? (hope so)

8. The manual seems to be for the regular game as there are many things that have changed (like color of national units, etc.). I read the expansion notes, is that all the changes? For example, are there explanations for added decisions somewhere?

Thanks much!

Dave

4. Click on the unit you want to move. Press and keep holding down the SHIFT key. Move the mouse cursor on the on the unit you want to switch with. The cursor should change into an arrow symbol. Click on the unit you want to switch with. Done.

5. If i remember correctly you have to press down the SHIFT key once more to recon without moving.

6. Move the mouse cursor over the research tech. A pop up should appear, telling you the requested info about your current progress.