C-130 book?

Affentitten

Ah, the C-130. The ONLY aircraft I can actually sleep on. If only civilian airliners used them instead of the sardine can seating.

Get him a "-1" ("dash one") (aka: pilot's manual)

No matter what you get, you need to find out what model C-130 he flew and learn terms such as "foam fire" & "stop-start."

Ah, the C-130. The ONLY aircraft I can actually sleep on. If only civilian airliners used them instead of the sardine can seating.

Get him a "-1" ("dash one") (aka: pilot's manual)

No matter what you get, you need to find out what model C-130 he flew and learn terms such as "foam fire" & "stop-start."

I always thought the "1-1" (the performance manual) made for much more riveting reading.

If one of your gift giving priorities is anything like mine, namely cheap, you can't beat this, free!

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/au/thigpen.pdf

History of the USAF special operations C-130 force as told by a former pilot, squadron commander and group commander. By way of review I would say it's not quite as self serving as we anticipated it to be.

But if he is a real herc guy, as opposed to some poseur, the best gift of course would be cheap booze. Really cheap, served warm. Leave the price tag on, " Wow 4 liters for 2 bucks, this is great stuff!"

But if he is a real herc guy, as opposed to some poseur, the best gift of course would be cheap booze. Really cheap, served warm. Leave the price tag on, " Wow 4 liters for 2 bucks, this is great stuff!"

That speaks volumes. I don't know anywhere that I could buy 4 liters of even rubbing alcohol for 2 bucks. But then, my experience in volume purchasing of alcohol is very limited, no doubt.

Michael