Can't take a screen shot on my Mac!

When I attempt to take a screen shot in CM on my Mac, the pictures all come like abstract computer art with lines and gradients all at a 30 degree angle. It could be worse I suppose.

perhaps I could sell this stuff! :rolleyes:

I've always assumed it was a problem with my nolonger-supported Voodoo5 card.

Does anyone care have any other ideas about this?

I'm not sure how screen captures may work with some of the Voodoo cards. The older ones (Voodoo 1 & 2) were 3D-only cards which required an utility to do the captures (the Mac command-shift-3 or 4 wouldn't grab the game screen). With the Voodoo4 & 5 series there may be a problem with FSAA and screen captures. If you go to 'single-chip' mode for the Voodoo (I believe this exists in the Voodoo control panel somewhere, but I'm not sure where), a standard Mac screen capture may work. Otherwise you'll need a screen capture utility.

Uh... I wasn't paying close attention here when I was giving advice for PC's instead of Macs...

For the Mac you can try out St. Clair Softwrare's Screen Catcher, but there may be quite a few other utilities available like those listed here.

[ March 25, 2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]