laptop screen question

hobo

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but when I play the game on my laptop (Toshiba Tecra 8000) the game only appears on a small part of the labtop's screen. When I play the game with my docking station and monitor, the game uses the entire screen as expected. I assume I need to change something with the display settings of my laptop when I am running it away from the docking station, but I have exhausted all options without any success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is truely a terrific game. I was watching at close-up ground level some infantry assualting a 2 story wood building that I was surpressing with a mortar. The building collapsed right before my troops got to the building. The visual and audio effects were truely breathtaking. It almost knocked me out of my chair. Great job.

Hobo

I'd guess that you're running a lower resolution with CM (800 x 600 or less). On your LCD this ends up taking up only a part of the screen (since the LCD has a native resolution of 1024 x 768). On your external monitor the full screen is used since the monitor multisyncs and adjusts the display to use the full screen (which is what almost every computer monitor does).

When you run a lower resolution on your laptop the display driver stretches the pixels (that's why the text looks kind of funky at anything other than 1024 x 768). Thankfully CM is bypassing this functionality of your video driver (otherwise things would look pretty bad).

Your Tecra 8000 has a NeoMagic 256AV video chip w/ 2.5Mb of video memory. I'm guessing that your system is possibly using the software rendered mode since you have a limited amount of video memory. More than likely you'll be unable to use a higher resolution than 640 x 480. So there isn't a solution to your problem unfortunately.

Thank you for providing such a detailed response. This makes me feel a little bit better since I could not fix it myself. I hope yuo realize this this may cost me a couple of grand because I am now going to have to get a new home computer and stop using my laptop from work.

- Hobo