Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

troops in map preview

I can't remember seeing this wish here so:

It would be nice if you go into map preview during the QB purchase you would actually have the troops you bought so far on the map. This would help in several ways.

You would get a better feeling how they spread out in the field and if you have enough or too much. You would know who or what everybody is (this will get more important when we have more modules and more esoteric troop types). And last but not least you can make better plans by trying things out (LOS etc...)

The disadvantage would be longer loading times for UI and troops. But if CM would behave like now if you haven't bought anything yet then that should be an advantage for everyone.

• 2 years later...

It would certainly be nice to be able to go into the map/setup and see what you've bought so far, but I don't think "Preview Map" is the place for it. The map preview is faster to load because it doesn't have to load a LOS matrix, nor any unit assets. If there was to be a "force preview" mode, it'd have, I think, to be a separate function.