Trouble Navigating/Blasting Buildings

Hello All:

Have trouble seeing where units are in the modular buildings - that's what I think they are called. They look like row-houses. If you have tips for seeing in and moving around in these buildings I would appreciate it. Also a few questions:

1) I know how to blast bocage and stay on the same side (recent thread on this). But I don't know how to do this in one of these modular buildings, i.e. blast the connecting wall but stay on the same side. When I try to blast an adjacent tile, the waypoint goes to the center of the floor.

2. The only way I can see to get a unit to enter a building and go to a particular wall is to enter the building (and the waypoint is the center of the floor then) and then to issue a face command. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

1. It has been a while since I tested, so take with grain of salt. I think the process involves a face command so they are up against the blasting wall, then next turn I think you can just press the blast button all by itself. If you are worried, then time the assault team/squad's entrance so they pile through the opening right after the blast. Pause button ftw.

A demo charge in mousehole mode inside a building sorta messes the defenders on the other side up, so running through isn't as dangerous as busting a bocage row.

2. Yes, the Face command rules inside buildings. I miss the old mode of placing in one corner and facing the opposite. Now one cannot even stay in the middle unless it is a multi-tile modular. You are Edward Bates to one side or another.

Found my step-by-step pics.

I was wrong before. You want the team to be one tile away.

1. Diagonal move from start to blasting wall.

2. Blast your side of wall.

3. Diagonal move away.

blast1a.jpg

blast2a.jpg

blast3a.jpg

The blasting team will/may expose themselves in the hole for a moment, but should not enter the structure due to their impendng move order back from whence they came.

OK, just ran a few tests using American Scout and Breach Teams.

Rowhouses made up of Modular 2, 3 and 4 story.

This is what I found to work....

1. Face wall you want to blow.

2. Order Blast. This will place the order dot in the center of the tile/building.

3. Add a movement order. Quick anywhere is what I used. Up the stairs, down the stairs, something besides through the new hole.

The blast will occur on the last wall faced, then the blasting unit will dash off to its new destination.

Just tried it in the Vierville scenario twice and in both cases I blew out the side wall (both times on RHS), not the wall they were facing when I issued the Blast command.

This is a set of building with weirdness though (in one location a unit goes through what looks like a solid wall between buildings). So maybe that is the problem. Problem could also be yours truly.

Thanks,

Gerry