Mods and more mods for all you modsluts out there ...

Guys after downloaded the CMBN demo. Sure is going to be a steep learning curve for me.

I have CMBO and CMBB installed haven played them for a while. I wanted to install some mods

in CMBO and CMBB and have installed CM Mod Selector 4.05 with rule sets and have installed a few CMMOS Mod files made for the CM Mod Selector 4.05. I found GreenAsJade's web site

with all mod's I need. I also have GsJ McMMM mod installer.. Installed one mod the command indcator. I have been looking at all Lucky Strikes Terrain mods and would like to installed them.

I need some advice which mod installer would work best for mods that are not made for

The CM Selector 4.05 installer?

Forgive me I am not the best writer. and speller

Thanks for any comments

Zane

Guys after downloaded the CMBN demo. Sure is going to be a steep learning curve for me.

I have CMBO and CMBB installed haven played them for a while. I wanted to install some mods

in CMBO and CMBB and have installed CM Mod Selector 4.05 with rule sets and have installed a few CMMOS Mod files made for the CM Mod Selector 4.05. I found GreenAsJade's web site

with all mod's I need. I also have GsJ McMMM mod installer.. Installed one mod the command indcator. I have been looking at all Lucky Strikes Terrain mods and would like to installed them.

I need some advice which mod installer would work best for mods that are not made for

The CM Selector 4.05 installer?

Forgive me I am not the best writer. and speller

Thanks for any comments

Zane

Hi Zane,

Glad you like the mods enough to want to install them.

As these mods were not made for CM Mods Selector (CMMOS), and there are no rule sets for them, I'd recommend using McMMM - it's what I use. Set up a folder to keep all the downloaded mods in - you don't even need to unzip them. Then follow the instructions for installing mods. All of my mods should work flawlessly with McMMM - they are designed that way!

Remember rule number one - before you install any mods make a back-up of your bmp folder, and your wav folder if you plan on modding sounds.

Do come back if you get stuck, or search through the forums there's plenty of help for modding and best practice.

Cheers

LS

Thanks LS

I will use GaJ's McMMM for most of my mods unless it is a CMM0S zip file.

I installed one your sky mods the SKy_Dusk_Clear_Autumn in CMBB using MCMMM

and I guess my Geforce FX 5500 256 Mb did not like it. Was a blue sky with some white

streak's in it? I removed the mod and sky was a normal Autumn sky at dusk?

Checking the BMP's and see what happened.

Thanks again for your advice.

Zane

Just a follow up on the above problem. Using McMMM there seems to be bug in the installer. So I remove the LS Sky Mod BMPs 1411,1431, and 1451 the installed worked fine removing the BMPs and the original bmps back in. There showed some kind of problem in MCMMM bug Log report?

Zane

JorgeMC did some reworks of my Panthers for AK/BB, unfortunately not the 12th SS though. Nevertheless they are still worth a look, I have them all installed in BB and will also drop them into AK when I get around to modding it.

Cheers

LS

Excellent LS, thank you. No rush of course.

Hi Pat,

Praise indeed - much appreciated, thanks. :)

I have a fair few of your mods installed and would love to see your versions of my Panthers in CMBB/AK. I have some that JorgeMC did which are very good in game, but they're not a complete set. I really would like to do some vehicles for BB/AK, but am torn between this and doing some for CMBN. There's something about the simplicity of CM x1 that I really like when compared to BN, but I'm playing a lot of BN at the moment and would enjoy the challenge of modding a Panther or two!

Cheers

LS

I found the Panther set with some research in my big mess, light finish working is needed before to upload it! I'm a bit rusty with modding!

need to reinstall CMBB, for screenshot and look around if the mod is ok

Come on, come on ... ;)

I've discovered that BB makes a great game on my netbook, no fog but otherwise loverly. So them Panthers will make a nice addition especially once I get round to modding CMAK.

So patboy stop playing CMBN and get that baby up on GAJ's CMMW :D

Cheers

LS

Just a follow up on the above problem. Using McMMM there seems to be bug in the installer. So I remove the LS Sky Mod BMPs 1411,1431, and 1451 the installed worked fine removing the BMPs and the original bmps back in. There showed some kind of problem in MCMMM bug Log report?

Zane

Zane,

Sorry you had a problem, I'll take a look at the files just to double check them. McMMM does sometimes throw wobblies with bmp previews, I think it doesn't like certain types of bmps, but I find the bmps can usually be fixed by resaving with something like Windows pictureviewer or photoviewer or whatever it's called these days, or use something like FastStone Photo Resizer if you want to do a batch.

Later ...

I've taken a look at the files, downloaded from GaJ's, and unfortunately I can't duplicate the problem you had, all looks fine to me. Try to download the file again you maybe had a corrupted zip archive. I have had the odd install error, usually because I did something stupid (not casting any aspersions here ;)). I usually find a manual install of the mod will work - unzip the files and drag the bmps to your bmp folder inside the game folder. Not ideal as it overwrites without backing up, so make sure you copy the originals first. I tend to keep a complete unmodded clean back-up of my game folder on an external drive as a fall-back, it's only a couple of gigs so will even fit on a modest thumb drive.

Good luck

LS

Thank's LS

I made a Back up copy of my present CMBB BMP Folder and my Wav folder.

I have a idea tonight I will manual copy these BMP's 1411,1431 and 1451 that make up your Sky_Dusk_Clear_Autumn mod. First I will set up a quick battle with these Sky conditions.

save the game. installed your BMPs and see if things are screwed up. I can all ways replace the BMPs from my Back up copy. Just to be on safe side I will download your zip file again.

and install. if it still Looks bad in is not the McMMM installer. I need to reinstall the McMMM.

I removed it last night. Is it ok to reinstall on my desktop?

One other question is it hard to make a extra Clean Install of CMBB? and patch?

and CMBO?

I just got interested again after installing the CMBN demo.

Zane

Just a follow up. It's not a installer problem. Copy the Sky Dusk Clear Autumn from LS

Sky mod BMPs 1411,1431 and 1451 to BMP Folder and had a Graining Blue sky with

white streaks? Copy my Back up BMP's and Looks ok there is still a grainey look to the oriignal sky but the color's are there. Could be my video card or a setting?

Question about BMP Dimensions? I notice looking at the orignal CBBB BMP 1411 that the size is 1024x256

and the 1411 Sky Mod BMP is 1536x384 Could this be the problem? Should they be the same dimensions?

Later

Zane

... I need to reinstall the McMMM.

I removed it last night. Is it ok to reinstall on my desktop?

I'm pretty sure you can run it from anywhere on your system, try it and see, won't do any harm if it doesn't work

One other question is it hard to make a extra Clean Install of CMBB? and patch?

and CMBO?

It's very easy to have multiple copies of any CMx1 games installed. You can either re-install from the original discs to a different directory

eg have a Battlefront directory in your program folder and then inside that have game directories named, for example:

Combat Mission Beyond Overlord 44

Combat Mission Beyond Overlord 45

Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin The early years

Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin The end

Call them anything you want. You can even rename the game exe to match the directory name if you want, so long as you don't move anything out of the directory.

Otherwise you can just copy the original (or backup) game directory and rename it.

Just a follow up. It's not a installer problem. Copy the Sky Dusk Clear Autumn from LS

Sky mod BMPs 1411,1431 and 1451 to BMP Folder and had a Graining Blue sky with

white streaks? Copy my Back up BMP's and Looks ok there is still a grainey look to the oriignal sky but the color's are there. Could be my video card or a setting?

Hmm, bit stumped by that, are the rest of the sky mods okay?

Question about BMP Dimensions? I notice looking at the orignal CBBB BMP 1411 that the size is 1024x256

and the 1411 Sky Mod BMP is 1536x384 Could this be the problem? Should they be the same dimensions?

Dimensions need to be in proportion to the original bmps. Mine are higher resolution by a multiple of 1.5 - you could try reducing them to the original dimensions and see if that helps, easily done in most image manipulation programs. Let me know if you need help with this I can do you a test set pretty quickly.

LS

LS,

Thanks for all that info. I Reinstalled McMMM back to my desk top. and installed a exposive

Mod to CMBB. Seemed to work fine. I think the Dimensions of the BMP's was the problem.

Now before I install a mod I check the dimensions of the mod BMP's to sure they are the same as the original size. Glad I made a copy of my BMP's Folder and wave folders.

Thanks for your help When I have time I will check your other sky mods BMP's.

Later

Zane