Sapphire HD3850 poor performance

Sandeu

CMBB has very poor performance with the latest CAT 8.10 and all previous drivers that support Sapphire HD3850. I've tried the Z-mask and no effect.

I guess what my question is. Has anyone with a HDXXXX ATI video card experienced poor performance, I mean poor like it drops to 8fps when viewing the battle field zoom to ground level gives around 20fps.

Could this be a effect of these new video cards and Directx 10?

And I guess we can only wait for a new driver to fix this problem (although unlikely)

Thanks in advance.

Just an update on this little problem, I am know convinced it is a directx issue with the ATI drivers for HDXXXX cards, I've always thought this. I've done some installs of older games and all have poor performance. OpenGL games seem unaffected. Lets hope (well those of us with ATI HDXXXX cards) this gets remedied in the next driver.

Thanks I've tried that as well, and I just get the no 3D device found error. Anyways after much testing on older games, and a few that support OpenGL or DirectX I have discovered that it is a ATI driver issue. OpenGL games work fine but DirectX games (older Games) run like my Grandmother (who I love dearly and is quite the advid Golfer at 85!).

Since I look forward to my CM games I might have to bite the bullet and get another (cheaper) computer with an older vid card. Until then I'll write another letter to ATI and hope they can sort this out in a new driver, as I searched this topic on the net, I am not the only ATI HDXXXX card owner who is suffering this.

Thanks all for your help.