"future action spot" warping?

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

When I give a unit an order to move, my cursor shows the new "future action spot" graphic at the end of the movement line. However, when I move this cursor around so that the future position travels across the map a few tiles, the ground appears to "warp" - i.e. move up or down a tiny fraction - when the cursor is moved onto a tile and when it is moved off again.

Although this is the least of my worries compared to other more pressing issues (performance problems) I would like to know if this is how it is for everyone?

This isn't a "problem" as such, but an inavoidable effect of how terrain is visually represented at a distance. What happens is that terrain at a distance is displayed in a lower "resolution" than terrain close up. This is needed to make the game run on today's PCs. But the action spot calculation requires "high resolution terrain" to make sure that it's precise. Hence, when you move the "action spot marker" across the map and further into the distance, you can see some warping here and there (especially around slopes and the like) as the terrain calculation switches from "low" to "high".

This isn't a "problem" as such, but an inavoidable effect of how terrain is visually represented at a distance. What happens is that terrain at a distance is displayed in a lower "resolution" than terrain close up. This is needed to make the game run on today's PCs. But the action spot calculation requires "high resolution terrain" to make sure that it's precise. Hence, when you move the "action spot marker" across the map and further into the distance, you can see some warping here and there (especially around slopes and the like) as the terrain calculation switches from "low" to "high".

Fair enough. I wasn't really raising this as a problem - just wondering if it was common to everyone or some sort of weird nVidia driver thing.

Thanks for the reply.