Iwo Jima P

poesel

Next try with a no dropship map. I took Hubs Iwo Jima and enlarged the deployment zones. Only other change is that the fog distance is now a bit bigger because I got shot by bots I couldn't even see (but they saw me obviously!)

The scenario is here:

Iwo Jima P

I hope this time noone has a problem with the map. It works for me. Maybe its an encoding issue? I don't know how DT knows its the right file for the scenario.

Some comments would really be apreciated.

There doesn't seem to be much interest for such scenarios as I can see from the lack of comments here and lack of connects in the log (a total of 2 - including me...).

Edit: just noticed that the server has died 10h after I started it (and I was away). Nothing in the log. That may be the cause of the low connects smile.gif

Clay, what do you use to keep your servers running (assuming they run under Linux)?

[ September 15, 2006, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: poesel71 ]

We use a little app we wrote called Spawner that restarts dead processes. You can grab it here if you want to use it. You just pass your normal command line to it, so something like this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">nohup ./Spawner ./SpaceVikings -enterlobby false -hostmode server -password blah -packetsize 2000 -lobbyname Delta_Pavonis -deploymenttime 320 -numbots0 8 -numbots1 8 -dynamicbots true -gametype Objective -gamelength 35 -parachute false &</pre>

Its not server not showing up, its the clients that do not see.

I have no problem with the Linux client but both Macs on the same router simply do not see the server (although they can connect per DirectPlay).

Edit: the server runs under Linux

It has also become obvious that requiring people to download and install scenarios on their own is a serious obstacle (and understandably so). The client really should download missing content (scenario files, etc.) from the server. This would make Creature Zoo really easy to play with.

It's too late to do this for 1.1.6, but we'll get to it immediately afterward. Poesel, does your server also have a public http service running?