Fewer vehicle types?

MaitreCs

Just wondering if anyone thinks there are ... well ... too many different vehicles.

People have suggested adding a 20mm to the ATGM units - which would make them even more lethal then they already are by giving them not just 10 missiles but an option against light armor as well.

I'm wondering if it might make sense to delete the 20mm LAV in favor of a 20mm/ATGM vehicle with the 76mm gun track as the only gun-armed light armor, or otherwise consolidating some vehicle types.

Seems to me that there are a lot of vehicles that each perform exactly one function, whereas a smaller number with multiple weapon systems might be better.

I don't really think there's "too many" vehicles... It's just the selection looks a little overwhelming.

If you could select a chassis, then select a weapon to mount on it, then spawn it in - there would only be 4 chassis with 3 options each (or thereabouts). Displaying all the options at once makes it seem like there's more than there "really is."

I really like the current vehicle set as-is and the balance between each of them too.

I don't think there are too many vehicles cos they are all different. It's not all about weapons, but wheels, armor and speed too.

Some vehicles even have special components like a scanner jammer or a blade.

I like your chassis idea, weasello. Would those different components have a limit like vehicles do now? So that there would not be 12 Hurricanes driving around all the time.

I don't really see a problem with it, perhaps it could be laid out a little different, like have a major heading for Apollo, Thor, Paladin, etc, then under that heading have the weapon mount 20mm, 76mm, ATGM etc, so it's easy to see there are really only a couple of vehicles with different load outs..

I think perhaps the 20mm Apollo should be changed to a dual mount 76mm turret.. The Apollo is not fast enough to get in close with the 20mm..

kapps-

We're not really talking about outfitting vehicles, just streamlining the selection by presenting a building process; instead of seeing 30 vehicles in a single list, you would see four hulls, then two or five weapon options, etc.

If you pick a light tank hull, you can't mount an ATGM on it because that vehicle option doesn't currently exist; you can mount a 120mm because that option does exist.