Two Questions

citizen

1. Can units get cut off on the operational map and not get resupplied?

2. What happens if my battalion is up against a single platoon, and my opponent hides his platoon in the corner of the map and I never manage to engage him? This trick/problem has appeared in several 'operational map to tactical battle' games I've played.

Thanks,

citizen

2. What happens if my battalion is up against a single platoon, and my opponent hides his platoon in the corner of the map and I never manage to engage him?
I have been wondering the same thing, what happens when a something like a battlion runs into a recon platoon.

Perhaps the game has a built in auto-battle. If one force is vastly superior to the other then it is automatically decided. That would be my hope at least.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Re- #2 Wouldn't it really depend on the orders the Recon Platoon has? Why do you think it would not retreat, harass and skirmish with the enemy lead units instead of getting squashed?

The single platoon doesn't want to engage, because if it can just survive, the attacking force will have to retreat off the map.

This happened in the game "Shogun." A single unit could hold a map by hiding in deep woods. The huge attacking army would be forced to retreat as they did not defeat the defenders.

I just read that there will be flags on the maps, so it seems that hiding in the corner won't hold a map.

Indeed there is an "auto-resolve" feature in the game to play out lopsided battles. There's no hiding in an auto-resolved battle.

[ October 19, 2005, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: citizen ]

But CMC is not Shogun. In CMC, nobody has to retreat off a map, because you're not fighting for territories. What happens is that at the end of a CMBB battle, both units remain next to each other on the CMC map. And the little guys won't prevent the big guys from moving on, either.

Martin

I havent said much about supply to date, because we are not sure how much we are going to get in to the release version. Certainly supply depletion will be in.

We have designs for a number of things, but they may have to wait for a patch. I will post something more when we are a little further along with it.

I'm not ruling out mobile field bakeries :)

Originally posted by General Bolt:

But can the big guy prevent the little guy from moving on?

Sure, General Bolt: when the big guy spreads out to cover the two 1km x 1 km squares on his side of the CMC map square, he should do so with a view to preventing the little guy from sliding past. Depends upon LOSs of course and terrain and weather, but I would think that a realistic chance to stop the little goy is there.