Demo gripes, concerns, JUST CHILL!

Santabear,

Bill is a tester simply expressing his opinion and you are certainly free to agree and/or disagree at any time. At the same time though, and as I have similarily expressed in another thread, please do not let it be taken as an official and/or final word on the game.

Personally I can appreciate your concerns, as it is understandable not everyone will agree with some of the choices I have made, and while the game's graphical implementation is not likely to change any time soon, perhaps some of the mods such as Fantomas' 2-D mod will better suit your taste.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

Isometric/ axonometric views ARE NOT perspective views.

True 3D modelling of the game space, would bring this game more in keeping with combat mission.

As much as I hate the aerial view, and wished for a toggle option, consider the additional computing requirements needed just to render the game space; older machines would grind to a halt. Processor grunt should be put into the game play, speed of interface and complexity of A.I. not in 'smoking guns' and lapping waves and snow capped peaks!

Get over the graphics, no doubt there will be mods a plenty; and focus on what will make this game last long after graphics become old-hat.

Ok, my two cents reference the view: We may all have personal preference and I appreciate a great view as much as anyone, but no matter how "good the view" what is important is the game play. So if you dazzle us with a great view but poor play it is still a poor game. If the view sucks, but game play is great, the view ends up not that important. Of course today, too many buy games for graphics and sound instead of for the game. Just one more posting of the obvious I guess.

Well first it's not "my" game.

Second, the nit you raised was generic with regard to visual perspective, regardless of whether it's a tile or hex grid. And for any diehard wargamer, that's a really small nit to pick at.

If the tile grid issue really prevents some folks from having fun with this game and all that it offers, including the very comprehensive Editor, well then they're probably just predestined to not have fun I guess. Can't fix that.

And for any diehard wargamer, that's a really small nit to pick at.
I consider myself a diehard wargamer. I don't think topdown/isometric view, hex/grid game design features to be small, trivial, nits. A game has to allow the acquisition and processing of information as easily as possible. Otherwise the interface becomes an irritant and gets in the way of the gameplay. The more complex the game the more critical this is. From my years of game playing a topdown view is the best view I've come across in this "Wargame,turnbased,strategic" genre.

You are correct Blashy. The Fantomas top down view looks much, much better for me and I'm betting others as well. I was just wishing to comment that design features such as these are not trivial matters as someone else said they were.