Screen resolution

Hi,

Could it be possible to support more screen resolutions?

My laptop LCD has a native resolution of 1400x1050, and to maintain the aspect ratio of the game the video card has to put vertical black bars on each side.

Is this something that could make it into the next patch?

Thanks.

Hi i got the followin problem. I tried out screen resolution 1600 x 1200, forgettin that my monitor doesnt support this. Now the game launches, but the screen is all black so i am not able to get the old screen resolution back. What can i do?

Regards

Kalkwerk

Westyorksgaz, can you be a bit more specific, i.e. it does not allow you to change the settings once in game to a higher resolution like 1280x1024 etc?

If so can you try setting a higher resolution through your video card properties just to confirm that it does in fact support higher resolutions.

Hi,Hubert...yes wont let me make any resolution adjustments.either in the game or before i start it.im running the desktop at 1400X900.and the graphics card i have is an ati radeon x800 256mb.direct x 9.0c etc

dont know if this helps but, the same thing happened when i had the demo.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok it looks like the 1024x768 resolution is the only one supported on your system and this is why you are limited to that screen size. My guess is you are running a widescreen display and if you check your adapter's allowable resolutions it will not allow the other two optional screen sizes of 1280x1024 and 1600x1200.

This is something I eventually want to support, i.e. more resolutions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Error: Current System does not support a 1024 x 768 x 32 (default) resolution, etc.

While this is fairly explanatory, I can overide to this and to other, higher and lower, resolutions.

But my Samsung LCDtv monitor does say

"your flat panel display has a maximum resolution of 1280 x 720 (even though I can go higher...)

I have a GeForce 6600Gt AMD 3200

widescreen monitor Syncmaster Samsung

thanks for any help!

-Warren

Wargun, I think the problem here is that before widescreen resolutions became popular the resolutions went in stages where 1024x768 was the only applicable size bigger than 800x600 and smaller than 1280x1024. Now the problem is that with some widescreen screens the width satisfies the minimum requirement but the height does not as in your case, i.e. based on my original design requirements. I'm working to change this down the road so it is more flexible in cases such as yours.

If you override can you get it to work?

Hubert, no it won't run. Same message when I force the mnitor into other resolutions. Odd, eh? It wouldn't work with sSilent Hunter 3 either.

But it does work on another computer i have, so ok, but slow...

Any way to increase the workable map size but keep the buttons large?