The Lion of Capuzzo

Just put up the final test version of my scenario The Lion Of Capuzzo.

Description:

The battle for Fort Capuzzo was the most successful attack in the 1941 Operation Battle Axe offensive. The two sides are very dissimilar in terms of troop quality and weapons. Extra suspense is from the fact that troops keeping turning up through out the battle. This has of course caused problems for getting the game balance correct. The name of the operation comes from the title given to a German Panzer Commander for stopping the British advance. I have enclosed JPGS of photos of the Fort Capuzzoand the Lion and a map of the operation.

Had problems with the CMAK unit database, which through out the play balance, which I have now fixed by changing the date from June to December! Panzer IVs do not have HC rounds before this date. :eek:

Also put up Padivine German portrait mod and I have a number of others that may be worth checking out on he site.

:D

I ran a test. PZVIs with HC in Dec 41, saved, changed date to June 41, HC disappears.

If I picked a date with tungsten, set ammo to 10, then changed to May 45, tungsten stays at 10.

Another test, JPZIVearly Jan 45, no tungsten, change to Sept 44 tungsten slot opens in editor BUT previous ammo load does not redistribute.

I started a PBEM where the briefing stated Sept 44 battle, but the parameters were set to Jan 45. I opened the battle in the editor and changed the date, saved with a new name.

When I read Mark's post I thought, holy crap, maybe I gave my German opponent some good stuff.

I hope not, lol.

[ May 25, 2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I ran a test. PZVIs with HC in Dec 41, saved, changed date to June 41, HC disappears.

If I picked a date with tungsten, set ammo to 10, then changed to May 45, tungsten stays at 10.

Another test, JPZIVearly Jan 45, no tungsten, change to Sept 44 tungsten slot opens in editor BUT previous ammo load does not redistribute.

I started a PBEM where the briefing stated Sept 44 battle, but the parameters were set to Jan 45. I opened the battle in the editor and changed the date, saved with a new name.

When I read Mark's post I thought, holy crap, maybe I gave my German opponent some good stuff.

I hope not, lol.

Yes I ran across that problem too, the ammo seems to reset to the time period despite the vehicle remaining - I tried to give some units tungsten to represent a more power model of gun -didn't work!

I thought for the life of me that you couldn't carry over ammo loads into different time periods that the ammo type wasn't available but it appears you can in this regard.

Though in cmbb it doesn't seem For the Russians you can go, say, into 44 and bring back tungsten loaded AFV's back into 43, the tungsten seems to disappear when I try that.

Just in case anyone is interested in time priods for tungsten availability for the germans in regards to the editor at least.

Tungsten isn't available until Jan/42 and for the most part the option is gone starting in Jan/44.

The execptions to that are:

All the Marders, they have a tungsten option until Dec/44.

The PzIIIm has the option until the end of the war, actually all the pzIII's has that option until May/45.

The short barrel gunned JagdPanzer IV has the option until Dec/44.

The only other exception I can find to this is the squeeze barreled 28mm AT gun, being that it's the only ammo type it can fire has tungsten ammo throughout the war.

And again it does appear with the Germans at least that you can go into a time period that tungsten available and load up your gun or AFV with tungsten and then reset the date, and keep that ammo.

Also in case anyone is interested HC ammo isn't available until Dec/41 and as far as I know is available from then on till the end of the war.

[ May 26, 2005, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: DEY ]