This new message template is horrible!

Please return to the other message board format. The other format was very easy to follow being able to browse the topics quicker and follow the threads that interested us most, MUCH easier! Now we have to open every header just to see who has responded and what they say...this new message board format has totally ruined it for me. It is not pleasant to manipulate this new message board format. VERY inconvenient. You didn't have to go around and change things, tell the webmaster everything was just fine. We didn't need anything new. I hope you will return to the original format. I totally dissapprove of this and find it very discouraging...

I've got to disagree. I like the new forum. I do wish it was a bit easier to follow threads as they branch, but it is so much easier finding new posts, and picking between threads is easier. All in all, I think it's a big improvement. Also, since it probably saves BTS a lot of time over the older system, I'm gonna guess you're stuck with it...

Guest Big Time Software

"You didn't have to go around and change things, tell the webmaster everything was just fine."

Well, I am the webmaster, and *I* say that everything was NOT fine. I had to sped FAR too much time reading, responding, and maintaining the old board and this was the MAJOR reason for the change. Time spent doing that was time away from things like making Sturmgewehr 44 textures. Which do you think is more important to the game?

You are entitled to not like the new boards, but only we are entitled to say what goes on here. The new boards stay, and that is not negotiable. The new software is, in our opinion and the opinion of most people so far, vastly superior to the old. If you don't have a clue why, check out the existing threads discussing the issue.

Steve

P.S. Just for everybody to know, UBB (the software we use) just released a new version this week. We can now have most recent message at the top of the thread. Next week I will upgrade so this can happen.

Guest Michael emrys

>P.S. Just for everybody to know, UBB (the software we use) just released a new version this week. We can now have most recent message at the top of the thread. Next week I will upgrade so this can happen.

Good! That will be neat.

Guest John Maragoudakis

Yes that would be better. It is true that you don't know who is responding to your thread at first glance until you open the thread. However, the pace of messages sometimes is pretty high. One day later, you can have twenty new messages in 4 threads. It is now much faster to read all the messages. I personnaly am interested in everybody's response to an idea, so I'm not looking for a specific person's reply.

Bottom line is that we should step away from the trees to see the forest. If Big Time finds the board easrier, it means more time to work on the game. The project comes first and anything that helps the project is good for everbody.

Guest John Maragoudakis

Another couple of points; The whole page doesn't have to load every time you come to the site. Now here's a great advantage, your topic stays on the main page as long as there are replies. So now an interesting post does not get buried at the bottom of the page and you don't have to worry that Big Time might overlook a post because you continue to post to an older post. So odds are better that you will get an answer, from anyone!

• 2 years later...