UK Britains Joy SF2

I just finished playing this battle, and I've got to say that Combatintman did an amazing job putting this together!  Thanks so much for a really cool and immersive struggle.

I played it on Elite WEGO, and pretty much held my breath the entire battle.  The battle came down to literally the last moment.  If I hadn't taken some chances and acted more aggressively than I am used to (very much outside my comfort zone), I would have failed the mission and not rescued the hostages.  The SAS motto "Who dares wins" came to mind as the dust settled and the rescue was successful.  Yes, I had to write letters to the loved ones of those in my command who fell, and this greatly tempered my victory.

The mix of troops and enemies seemed very realistic, the map was a challenge, there were all sorts of lines of sight that had to be covered, and even the blasted time frame (which kept me dancing the whole way through) felt accurate.  I had to run my command staff (essentially my character in the game) into harms way to make the rescue successful.

Thanks again for a really sharp battle.  It is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

2 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

I just finished playing this battle, and I've got to say that Combatintman did an amazing job putting this together!  Thanks so much for a really cool and immersive struggle.

I played it on Elite WEGO, and pretty much held my breath the entire battle.  The battle came down to literally the last moment.  If I hadn't taken some chances and acted more aggressively than I am used to (very much outside my comfort zone), I would have failed the mission and not rescued the hostages.  The SAS motto "Who dares wins" came to mind as the dust settled and the rescue was successful.  Yes, I had to write letters to the loved ones of those in my command who fell, and this greatly tempered my victory.

The mix of troops and enemies seemed very realistic, the map was a challenge, there were all sorts of lines of sight that had to be covered, and even the blasted time frame (which kept me dancing the whole way through) felt accurate.  I had to run my command staff (essentially my character in the game) into harms way to make the rescue successful.

Thanks again for a really sharp battle.  It is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

I just tweaked it my friend - the original CMSF 1 scenario, AI, map and concept was by @MarkEzra - The changes I made were fairly minor such as making the map look a little more realistic, some changes to the narrative and briefings, adding a couple of units to the Red force, thinning out the British support assets a bit and tweaking the AI to make use of the targeting command which didn't previously exist in CMSF 1. I regard it as more his work than mine but thanks for the compliment anyway - have a like and really pleased that you enjoyed it.

Your tweaks worked nicely.  A big thanks goes to MarkEzra as well.

This was a real nail-biter and quite a rush!  Thanks to both of you.  This is my first time through SF2, as I stayed with only the WWII titles previously.  When BFC decided to re-release SF with all the bells and whistles, I jumped in with the big bundle.  I love the variety that comes with the Brits, NATO, the Marines, and the Army.  

I have to be careful going back and forth between modern and WWII though.  They both play so differently.

With the smaller battles, like this one, you really get swept into the moment, and I was cursing every time I took a casualty, knowing I badly needed everyone.  I split my forces and tried to hit each one separately, as there wasn't really time to do one and then the other.  I had to pull guys from the one to help support the other attack.  It was crazy.

Thanks again to you and Mark.  Wonderful job!

Heinrich505