CMSF2 demo playthrough video: German Bundeswehr defending against overwhelming Syrian Forces

tpr

A playthrough of the CMSF 2 Demo "Alama" scenario featuring German Bundeswehr forces.

I am almost only utilizing the interface for issuing orders (except for mandatory hotkeys like SHIFT+"Target Arc") so this is also suitable as a learning resource for new players to get an idea how one possible approach to Combat Mission overall could look like and how to achieve total victory in this scenario.

One of the highlights at 1:36:31 - A German Leopard 2 wrecking trough two enemy vehicles with one shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yhHhENytnU&t=1h36m31s

Have fun watching! (It is full HD when processing is completed)

Edited by The Wolves of Steel

Interesting AAR @DMS. I concur that nothing - good - is cheap anymore, anywhere :)

My own experience with the scenario is that the Red player has a real chance to overcome the German defenders. Even if defeated, I would say it would be hard in an H2H game as the German to keep casualties within the strict parameters given. 

The MILAN teams can be a distraction and cause some attrition, it would be funner if those guys came at a random timing.

Also interesting is the choice the Syrian player has to make about the infantry on the slope, giving a good impression that reducing surrounded enemy forces while defending the outer ring  is the hardest of tactical problems.

The  second and last part of the battle. Includes extensive battle damage assessment showcasing the new hit and penetration markers featured in CMSF2. Finding them can be hard even for a trained eye. For future playthroughs I will use Mord´s colored hit marker mod which allows you to distinguish between the different effects much easier.

Have fun!

12 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

My own experience with the scenario is that the Red player has a real chance to overcome the German defenders. Even if defeated, I would say it would be hard in an H2H game as the German to keep casualties within the strict parameters given. 

The MILAN teams can be a distraction and cause some attrition, it would be funner if those guys came at a random timing.

Also interesting is the choice the Syrian player has to make about the infantry on the slope, giving a good impression that reducing surrounded enemy forces while defending the outer ring  is the hardest of tactical problems.

Victory points are well balanced in this scenario - technically I lost (to AI :) ), but won by points.

It was easy to make decision about defending outer ring or attacking fortress: conscripts are just for defence! Or for mounted assault to closest possible range.

For me most interesting was armor - infantry coordination. Conscripts use to break down after few bullets passing by. And defenders had a lot of G36s. And veteran shooters. That's why I atacked on trucks. It worked! Interesting to try this trick in other scenarios. Application of German Pulk (Panzer und Lastkraftswagen) tactics to smallest tactical level.

10 minutes ago, ebphoto said:

Btw I meant to ask, what are you using to adjust all the colors etc?

Thx,

E

Reshade installed in OpenGL mode. For the shaders I´m using check the beginning of part 1.