Quick Battle Points

I'm thinking of creating a tournament where I create a scenario, choose the base, or On Map, units and then have the two opponents, given a fixed amount of points,  choose their own reinforcements. I'm not sure how many points to offer. I get the ratio but looking at a CMFB Probe QB I see the points are 1389 and 959. I wonder where do those numbers come from? Why not just 1400 and 950? There must be some reasoning behind these point amounts.....maybe ;)  

I am not 100% sure - never really paid attention to rounding - but it is all about ratios. Meeting engagements are even points and the Probe, Assault and Attack are ratios (probe being closes to even attack furthest) and the size of the battle plays into it too. It would not surprise me if there was a single round number for each size of battle and then the battle types just multiply by a fraction to figure out the final numbers for each type of battle.

Like I said I don't really know because I never asked the boss and never really cared much about the specific numbers. You might be able to do some testing to see if what I suggest feels correct or not. Or perhaps a tester who has asked the question before might chime in.