Afghanistan - The Great Game

My favorite quote: "To sense some of the complexity of Afghanistan... I've come to Ealing... West London...".  

Yup, if you want to really immerse yourself in the culture of that region you must visit IndoPakiAfghanistan... otherwise known as Ealing (and Acton)...  

Where Burkas :ph34r: are almost the norm and you'll be lucky to hear anyone speak English that you can easily understand.  Londoners and expats will understand...

But, the food the reporter found looks delicious...  Have to hunt that restaurant down next time I suffer merciless punitive retaliation and am given another suicide mission to Ealing-Acton.

Edited by Erwin

Yup, he's another upper class toff:

Stewart, whose family seat is Broich House near Crieff in Perthshire, Scotland, was born in Hong Kong, the child of the diplomat Brian Stewart, was brought up in Malaysia and Scotland and educated at the Dragon School and Eton College. During his gap year in 1991 he was commissioned in the Black Watch for nine months as second lieutenant (on probation).[5][6] (A 'Short Service Limited Commission' where school leavers with a guaranteed University place having passed by the Regular Commissions Board (Officer selection) did three weeks training at Sandhurst then served as nominal platoon or troop commanders for between six and eighteen months with a view to acquiring some leadership skills, and with a better understanding of the Services.) He then attended Balliol College, Oxford, where he read modern history and politics, philosophy and economics (PPE).

While a student at Oxford, Stewart was a private tutor to Prince William and Prince Harry during the summer. He holds honorary doctorates from the University of Stirling[7] and the American University of Paris.[8]

What is a "nominal platoon or troop commander"?  Hope it's not another wanker position where Eton & Oxford toffs can put something cool on their resume without actually doing anything.

I'm saying nowt about that (bit short on warnings), but I was referring more to this bit of his CV:

After the coalition invasion of Iraq, he was appointed the Coalition Provisional Authority Deputy Governorate Co-Ordinator in Maysan and Deputy Governorate Co-ordinator/Senior Advisor in Dhi Qar, two provinces in southern Iraq. His responsibilities included holding elections, resolving tribal disputes, and implementing development projects. He faced growing unrest and an incipient civil war from his base in a Civil-Military Co-operation (CIMIC) compound in Al Amarah, and in May 2004 was in command of his compound in Nasiriyah when it was besieged by Sadrist militia.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Not being entirely sure of forum policy relating to royalty, so I shall refrain from comment.  :mellow:

Latest scenario version is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chpr1kge4i58dzs/[Test] Action %26 Reaction (1-3b).btt?dl=0

Still only one AI plan in this one but everything else is done.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Yup, still working on it, going to build a series of hopefully fun scenarios from the same core then string 'em together see where we get to.....This scenario is kind of easy if you don't get overrun immediately, but it can be still be quite costly on the Core Force without suffering a defeat if you are too gung-ho (like me), so in the campaign I think it will serve quite well. 

In a moment of stupidity I put a ':' in the scenario title of that version, so it will play up when you first go to save it in game (everything works fine, you just need to rename it), I've fixed it now.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Where is the "." in v3b?  Don't see it.

never mind - did a new d/l.

The problem with releasing your campaign in single missions is that there won't be anyone to play the campaign when you finish it as we'll all be burned out testing the individual missions.  (And also by then CMSF2 may be out and we'll all be into that.)

Edited by Erwin

It's in the title that shows in the 'Battle' screen.....I titled it 'Going Soviet: Action & Reaction'.  I've changed it to 'Going Soviet - Action & Reaction'.

This is still a learning process for me, once I'm sure I'm getting the balance right (or learn how I'm getting it wrong) I'll feel a bit more confident to plunge in.....I've scripted up a lot of stuff for several CM games (all of them TBH), but none of it is in a state to be released as is. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead