Activating CMA

Downloaded and installed on Win7 machine. Open application up and get request for license key. I have copy and pasted both from the download section in my account and the key sent to me via email upon purchase back in 2011. Keep getting an error 501 saying my license key wasn't found and to make sure i typed it in correctly which i tried about ten times. Any ideas?

Make sure there's no 'white space' being copied when you copy-and-paste the license key. When copying the license key from the Battlefront Store website, the license key starts underneath the letter 'L' of the 'License Key' text above it. You do NOT want to copy the SKU (usually all capital letters) that is directly in front of it. The license keys are often 32-characters long (or possibly 14-16 characters long) and usually consist of the characters 'a-f' and '0-9'. The 14-16 character long license keys may have characters A-Z and 0-9.

If you're still having problems, then you'll want to open a ticket with the Helpdesk and they can hopefully confirm the license key for you or look into any other issues, though typically a '501' error is an incorrect license key.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

Thank you to BF for their prompt and timely response via the helpdesk, i am now free to lose miserably at this game. :) Apparently in rare circumstances the only way to circumnavigate that 501 error is to do a license reset, which fixed the problem. Once again, thanks BF.