*slap slap* I challenge you to a due... er pbem! *slap slap*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving as good as you get = Trading in one of my Tank commanders for a Panzer IV knockout? If so, that is exemplary for our game :D

Public AAR bet? ;)

You want a public AAR bet on a QB ill take you on any-time anywhere. And I'll remind you the battle isnt over yet slick ;)

You want a public AAR bet on a QB ill take you on any-time anywhere. And I'll remind you the battle isnt over yet slick ;)

Well given the current burn rate, you'll run out of Panzers soon...

Besides, I only bet when I have an edge; I'm not english. That I happen to play with the Englishman is your decision, although I don't regret it! :D

If I find the time etc I might make a movie of some sorts of this game. It's particularly bloody and features some of the most intense fighting I have seen in GL until now. I'm quite enjoying it actually :)

Hi Sublime,

Didn't my combined arms welcoming committee give your fresh(?) reinforcement troops a warm welcome party? I personally thought a nice mortar strike, planned in advance of their arrival, really puts the cherry on top of the pie! :D

My tea sipping lads like to give you word that since they ran out of tea they plan to occupy those orchard buildings right there, in search of some Italian wine! Will your landser give it up already, or do we need to get all nasty about this? ;)

Yeah I will admit that mortar barrage was unnervingly precise. But by all means get nasty and come and get it. I still have a surprise or two in store for you. While I freely admit you've won the armor game handily so far, you have had the advantage of shermans in tight quarters, and for some reason both of my Pz IIIs literally sat there with clear LoS to your stuart and... didnt fire, or aim, or anything. Just rotated and sat there 'spotting'. =(

Still I think we should start discussing the rematch..

The one Sherman you took out suffered from the same issue :(

Apart from that the Pz III with the short barrel is obviously an infantry support tank, it didn't dare to engage my naughty Stuarts with those pointy 37mm's. I'm not planning any surprises, instead I'm going for continuation of the chucking you with HE, AP and FMJ rounds. I have lost count of the Panzers that fell, but without support your infantry will die in their cover or perhaps coffin is the better description. ;)

On a more serious note, as the probable victor I will give you the chance to propose a rematch. What did you have in mind?

Well at least he isnt what Dr Evil called one of those 'evil Belgians' ;)

I also have to add that Dutch troops were my least favorite CMSF Nato ally to play as =(

I liked the Canadians because their weapons somewhat reminded me of US Army weapons from 20-30 years ago. The Germans just rocked, especially when they finally got fausts.

In our game, which is In For a Pound he's really given me a beating. I mean, really. I play the game just to play it, though obviously I try and relish winning. That being said scenarios sometimes also are balanced one way or another, and while our force compositions are somewhat similar, I think the map favors the Allies and he's got a horde of tanks and infantry over there. On the other hand he's destroyed a horde of the same on my side ;) and balance issues aside he was a startlingly good opponent that I'd never played before. The game started innocently enough - I saw a truck of his pull up by a building several hundred meters distant, and so next turn used a tank with los to the building (but not truck) to area fire on the building so the 75mm explosions would detonate and kill the truck and occupants. It worked nicely, and I thought I was well on my way to victory. My men advanced, and soon were being cut down. Tanks would explode without any retort whatsoever, and generally my Luftwaffe troops cringed and shat their pants.

Speaking of pants being shat upon, I wonder where Sergei and my now two week old turn is...

Speaking of pants being shat upon, I wonder where Sergei and my now two week old turn is...

Well, you know it is Midsummer Festival time in the Great White North, and Sergei is probably sleeping off one of his celebratory binges in a gutter somewhere. Or perhaps under a public urinal.

Michael

Hehehe, blushing now ;)

Thanks for showing good sportsmanship. I too play this game purely for enjoyment, obviously with the intent of winning. I have a healthy interest in the art of war (krijgskunst) and history. Have read quite a lot about strategy and philosophy, not so much about tactics though (apart from on this forum). So I play by common sense and experience from CMSF. Being an analist for profession probably helps in analyzing how to win battles ;-)

I do agree the way we played this scenario out, my Shermans have an edge over your Pz IV's. However, the German starting objective is much better defensible. So I thought rushing into somewhat decent positions would be imperative for me. It started out bad losing that truck and 57mm AT gun, but soon got better when your first Pz IV rolled into view of my hull down Sexton. It only got better after that and I think my sigline could have been of assistance to you in this battle.

Basically you kept pushing my positions and while you've cost some casualties, you couldn't bring enough parallel firepower to really hurt me. Simple maneuvering was enough to stop your advances.

If you'd have just occupied the orchard buildings and kept your tanks in overwatch until your Pz III's came around (instead of attacking me outright), it would have been much more difficult for me. I feel the map is designed like that and balances the forces. The german forces with their MG's and superior guns (Pz IV, PAK's, 81mm on map mortars), are superior on defense. While my Shermans have the advantage in a 1-1 duel.

Anyway, that's just my perception. Good game though! It doesn't hurt to be winning, but I bet losing this one was intense (fun) too :D

Nice I got a turn back from Sergei.. and got another of his panzers ;) Interestingly my use of arty - on map and TRP wise has been very effective for anti armor, as he's used the terrain to key hole river crossing sites. In this case the Panzer was penetrated by 37mm stuart fire (2-3 of them) with a couple of 57mm ATGs I had dragged up to support my attack. Then a 25lber mission I had called in on the panzers initial position came in. He had moved, but not that much, and a heavy mission with 4 guns (or in this case 8) does a helluva number on a big area. Sure enough as the crew bailed from the AT penetrations the arty screams in and I get a top rear deck penetration too!

Unfortunately the further I advance from my start line the worse off I am - the Polack infantry has to cross alone, theres no ford nor vehicle capable bridge on map.

Lethaface I await your Penny/Pound turn, and I dropped a qb for us. Im US attacker (mix) vs your Heer mix, april 44, dawn/clear/strict rarity. preview allowed, yada yada. large size.