Thinking about getting it

Im very new to combat mission first game i played was fortress italy demo and first one i bought was Normandy. I really like the eastern front so i was thinking about picking this up its on ebay for like 7 bucks. How is it compared to the newer games?

Theres is little to no comparison they are almost like completely different games but it is a game that you can play about anywhere. Its more like an indie game to me and still somewhat fun just don't take it to seriously :D.

The scale and graphics are very different. By modern esthetic standards, it is decidedly clunky. However, as a wargame it works. That doesn't change. The depth of the old game is equal to or greater than the newer, so don't expect a 'light' game here. It is good. There are always points one can critique, but from my perspective, there still is no stronger competitor. Definitely worth the 7 bucks.

Im very new to combat mission first game i played was fortress italy demo and first one i bought was Normandy. I really like the eastern front so i was thinking about picking this up its on ebay for like 7 bucks. How is it compared to the newer games?

http://www.blowtorchscenarios.com/ heaps of scenarios here if you go for it.