Computer upgrade - does CMBB work with 64 bit Vista?

Hi Erwin, I fear I personally don't know enough about Windows 8 to give good advice, except to say that, from what I understand, you probably won't get fog rendering in CM1 games.

As to when best to get any new OS, I'd wait until its been out for a year or two, in order to find out all the issues and give time for any niggling initial problems to be fixed. And sometimes it can take a year or so for makers of various other software and hardware you use on or with your computer to have come up with any patches that might be needed for full functionality. The reason why Windows 7 was so eagerly embraced was mainly because Vista was a bit naff.

From what I understand, Windows 8 increases the touch-screen functionality and also works on ARM chips (which you find on more mobile devices like tablet PCs etc).

Here's a link discussing windows 7 and 8:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-8-vs-windows-7-8-ways-its-different-1025285

Slightly OT, but what do you think of Win 8? Worth getting, and if so, when?

If I hadn't done so 20 years ago I would take the win7->win8 switch as an opportunity to split my computer activities into a gaming windows box and a productive/websurfing machine using Linux, MacOS, PC-BSD or the like.

I honestly miss the point of "sticking with windows" if you have to re-learn everything anyway. And it will be more and more difficult to keep the same machine fit for secure websurfing (all updates!) and at the same time make it run all your old games (no update, gawdnoupdates!).

We already see it coming. ATI drivers for win8 are all screwed up (again).