wut wtf!? I am an Assburger?

Pandur

i think the recent thread on the game squad forums "the asperger wargamer" change my life to the better somehow(sic!!!). made me curious at first but after reading more about it and **** me...i observe each and every one of the symptoms on myself since childhood(i am 28 now) but i though i was broken. the system(me) did not work as people told me it should and i had no idea why :(

i am a sporty guy when i choose to throughout my life so found everything on myself but the clumsy movement and body. however i am skiny, i like to lose my mind on the road bike going nowhere just pedaling.

anyways i am almost 29 and have to find out by myself that i have some sort of high functioning autism. i am not sure what to do with this. just for fun i did a AS test on the net, scored 39/50 where everything above 32 is a extreme result.

at least i know what is different now and why i suck in social stuff for the most part and stay out of this stuff.

oh boy i guess i "have to" see the doctor but i dont like to. i fear they put me into a system i dont like to be in just because "its the best for me".

actually now that i know i can just say the truth and say i ask you normal people what you would do? i dont feel sick i dont want to be made sick by doctors if you know what i mean.

greetings

Slightly obsessive maybe - but not about spelling : ).

I would not rely on any online test for anything! I suspect you are finding you have a bit of everything in your make-up and the test just brings these up and it makes it look scientific.

[WTF Now I have hypochondria!]

Don't sweat about it. You sound a bit like my son in clumsiness ... and he is a psychologist. I am sure your just Austrian not Assburger.

hm, iam not here to defend that i am pretty convinced though. and i do not rely on the online test, the test only confirmed what i found out by reading through different pages regarding symptoms.

while i read asperger page on wiki i felt like the page is describing me most of the time, its felt like it said right there, look thats you and you are sick.

sure i have a good mix but i only knew about depressions so far.

while i read asperger page on wiki i felt like the page is describing me most of the time, its felt like it said right there, look thats you and you are sick.

It's a long time truism that students studying psychology almost invariably develop the symptoms they are reading about. It's called suggestibility. I don't know if you have Asperger's or if you do what you should do about it. You maybe should look into it, but keep an open mind. People have difficulty with social relations for all kinds of reasons, mainly because relationships are complicated and can present you with problems you do not know how to deal with yet. That can be no more than a matter of experience, and don't think that you necessarily have all the experience by any particular age. People mature at different rates and at different rates in different areas.

My advice would be to hang in there, hang loose and don't panic. Find a professional you can trust and feel comfortable with and let them assist you through the self-discovery. But don't follow anybody who wears an armband and goose steps.

:)

Michael

i know what you are suggesting here and i know that itchiness you feel when you think about insects when in your bed at night. whats suggested and what not i mean.

however i did not think i can suggest symptoms up to 20+ years into the past after reading about it for 3 days.

Find a professional you can trust and feel comfortable with and let them assist you through the self-discovery.

the older i get the harder i find people i can trust. right now i am left with basicly 2 RL friends i can 100% trust and 1 female, that is kinda crazy herself, well... .

My oldest son was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was 5....which was then "upgraded" to autism when he was 6 - yesterday he started a BE in Software Engineering - my retirement is assured!! :D

However in the process of all the rigmarole that went with this "we" (his mom, my mom, me) figured that both my father an I exhibit aspergers/autistic traits - me moreso than dad.

When I asked a visiting "expert" at a public meeting whether there was a genetic link his answer was "there seems to be in about 50% of cases".

So what does it mean?

Not much - except like you it does make understanding myself a bit easier, and helps with figuring out what is happening sometimes. That generally makes life a little easier.

so, after a few more days talking to my 2 closest friends and reading lots of stuff, i find out out that the sister of one of them is psychotherapist(sp?) that specialized on autism, she takes care of a group of "real" autists that dont work at all anymore.

i get her number today and ring her up today or tomorrow, will get some good info there i hope.

also i simply decided to fix my problems i had with my ex GF 10 years ago, that also played a part sending me into "autism mode" the last 10 years. what a fun evening that was, i was so shaken up by emotions i barely functioned.

f*ck yea, i just woke up from spending 10 years in a mental cage fed by depressions. lol i feel like i got released from prison but ive never been there :D

i need to cut 95% of my online and gaming stuff, now that i know how i work and what i could have done while i had no idea i could. i need to get my ass up asap and start to learn something that is usefull and maybe even pays off in RL.

i can say "yes" to life again, i need to screw my little world over a bit and celebrate this somehow.

road to happiness, here i friggin come.

i get her number today and ring her up today or tomorrow, will get some good info there i hope.

Good luck with that. Hang in there and don't be too discouraged if you experience setbacks. They are just part of the process and often turn out to be the most educational part.

Michael

My oldest son was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was 5....which was then "upgraded" to autism when he was 6 - yesterday he started a BE in Software Engineering - my retirement is assured!! :D

Hell I worked in a huge engineering consultancy and I would say a good number of the top engineering staff figured somewhere along the autism scale. It's what made them good engineers. And some of them were senior partners pulling in seven figures a year.

Well I tended to look at it as an opportunity. It made my own company and conversation so much more desireable for female members of staff....

Not to distract from the serious nature of this thread, but my impression of women in the engineering field is that they are either dunderheads who enjoy the title more than the work, while those of actual intelligence are too smart to want anything to do with their male counterparts. I'll take the guy from environmental detailing how his plume modeling algorithm compensates for ground reflection given a specified adiabatic lapse rate over the woman from primary systems talking about how intuitive her ****ing cat is.*

*stories are adapted from The Real Life and Times of Stoat: How Mythos and Masculinity Shape our Small Worlds in a Time of Energy Uncertainty available in your local bookstore in the "outgoing trash" section.

Not to distract from the serious nature of this thread, but my impression of women in the engineering field is that they are either dunderheads who enjoy the title more than the work, while those of actual intelligence are too smart to want anything to do with their male counterparts. I'll take the guy from environmental detailing how his plume modeling algorithm compensates for ground reflection given a specified adiabatic lapse rate over the woman from primary systems talking about how intuitive her ****ing cat is.*

*stories are adapted from The Real Life and Times of Stoat: How Mythos and Masculinity Shape our Small Worlds in a Time of Energy Uncertainty available in your local bookstore in the "outgoing trash" section.

You're assuming that everyone in a massive engineering consultancy is an engineer. I'm not one.

i am making rapid progress in my thinking right now. after i acquired the last wheel i needed and one impuls, both from the outside, the whole system started to work, all the wheels turning. i figured it all out truly, for myself.

i gained spiritual enlightment roughly on march 8th 2012, age 28(means for me i could suicide right now with a smile). everything i thought was right was in fact right.

with the danger of sounding a bit weird, the last days i am friggin high on myself, depressions gone, nothing left of it, i feel like jesus, only difference is that i cant bother to love them all, gota fix the thing with my ex GF first.

i am fixed for ever, thread closed for me.