Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Two machines, two different cards, both with problems :(

This is really beginning to annoy the hell out of me. All I want to do is play a game of CMBB.. It's so consistantly inconsistant...

My primary pc - a win xp pro, SP1, 3.06ghz P4, with a 9700Pro. Using the latest dets. Does NOT work properly with FSAA. So have to run it with FSAA turned off. At least I can use AF... :rolleyes: Pity, as it looks the dogs with FSAA turned on. Plus, this bloody FOG issue..

My secondary pc. A Tosh 6100, with Geforce4 GO. Using the dets supplied with the build, works ok (ish ) with FSAA, but occasionally will not fire up, have to ALT-F4 it, then re-run it in order to work. Runs slow as hell if you ask me. Guess I need to 'downgrade' to the 30.82's, but I get sick of having to do this JUST so I can play CMBO and CMBB. What gives? Sorry to rant on but I'm getting really fed up with this. They're the best games out there too. :(

[ March 03, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]

The ATI card doesn't support FSAA in 16-bit color applications (like CM) to my knowledge. The game has to have 24/32-bit color for FSAA to work. It's one of the disadvantages with the ATI's (other than the lack of fog-table/particle-fog effects). I don't think ATI will be changing the support for 16-bit color apps soon.

The problems with the latest Detonators are NVidia's. Most driver development is focused on improving performances and then fixing minor bugs (major bugs are always a priority). The problems that CM has with FSAA is considered a minor bug in NVidia's view (since the drivers still work without FSAA). Anyway, tweaks to the performance of FSAA result in some problems that might be unique to CM. I'm sure that BTS/BFC keep NVidia Developer Relations apprised of when their drivers aren't working with CM. Usually BTS/BFC has to wait until a driver is at the end of its development cycle before the bug is addressed (and then the next new driver series will 'break' the fix again... c'est la vie).