Help I have Black sand

I lost my down load copy of SF so I picked up a Paradox copy

then patched it up to current -- I had the right color sand until after the patching - I am using A dell xp Nvidia 7300 LE - cpu 2.8 but everything worked until the patching

any suggestions-- I have black sand-- I do not want black sand:(

Do you only have the Paradox version of CMSF (and no modules) ? Depending on what your initial version is, you may need to download some of the earlier patches from Paradox and then make sure to patch with 1.10 and 1.20 (which is the final patch for Paradox).

Paradox 1.02, 1.03 & 1.10 patches

Paradox (Retail) 1.20 patch

I assume that you may have missed installing the 1.10 patch and that has resulted in 'black sand'.

If you have the 1.21 Paradox patch from Battlefront, then you DO NOT need to install the 1.20 patch.

The 'black sand' is typically an issue of not installing one of the patches (there are missing .BRZ data files). I believe that it is the 1.10 patch that is probably missing from this install.

For Paradox I'd suggest the following install:

1. Install Paradox CMSF game. You could be at version 1.0 to 1.07.

2. If your Paradox CMSF is at 1.0. Then download and install the 1.02 or 1.03 patch.

3. Download and install the Paradox 1.10 patch.

4. Install the 1.21 Paradox/Battlefront eLicense patch. You will now no longer need the Paradox CMSF CD/DVD in the drive to play the game.

5. Download and install the 1.30 Battlefront CMSF patch.

6. Download and install the 1.32 Battlefront CMSF patch.

You will want to check each patch installation to see where you are at and if you can reproduce the 'black sand'.