Auto TRPs

(I don't know artillery procedure so I'm guessing here)

If you want to hit the same spot again it should come in much faster because the calculations already have been done. Currently it takes exactly the same time to hit the same as a totally different spot.

I propose that you get an automatic TRP after each FFE on the location of the target.

This way a second call on the same location would come in much faster. One point that is unrealistic is that TRPs work for both on- and off-map mortars. Ideally these 'auto-TRPs' would only work for off-map but this is IMHO not a big problem.

Does that sound reasonable?

People would end up gaming the heck out of this by creating "TRP Nets" where all you would have to do is fire off a bunch of quick missions across important areas of the map. The TRPs would then cover enough of the map where missions could always be linked to the TRPs in some fashion. This would end up making artillery pretty insane and very deadly for the defender. It is already a very tough task to be defender and handle artillery strikes, TRPs all over the map would make it pure hell for the defender.

Another real life problem would be that the artillery asset that fired off that mission, to create that auto TRP, should only have access to that TRP. Other artillery assets would not have access to all the data created by the "Auto TRP generating" artillery asset. Even if they did have access to these data, each artillery system is mechanically very different and is very likley positioned differently, which would render other asset's firing data useless for creating Target Registration Points.

Another real life problem would be that the artillery asset that fired off that mission, to create that auto TRP, should only have access to that TRP. Other artillery assets would not have access to all the data created by the "Auto TRP generating" artillery asset. Even if they did have access to these data, each artillery system is mechanically very different and is very likley positioned differently, which would render other asset's firing data useless for creating Target Registration Points.

correct. i try to find out where the calculations were done. on fire control center level or even on battery level.

People would end up gaming the heck out of this by creating "TRP Nets" where all you would have to do is fire off a bunch of quick missions across important areas of the map.

You'd burn through a lot of ammo that way though. I can see someone acquiring two or three TRPs this way, but more than that, it would be cheaper to just buy them.

Agreed.

Michael